xXKonan

jorge_mere.jpg

Full name: Jorge Meré Pérez

Date of birth: April 17, 1997 (age 20)

Place of birth: Oviedo, Spain

Height:1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)

Playing position:Centre back

Current Club: Sporting Gijon.

Born in Oviedo, Asturias, Meré joined Sporting de Gijón's youth setup in 2010 after starting out at neighbours Real Oviedo and has since been a regular for the Rojiblancos. according to MD, we are heavily interested in the young CB, who Sporting has reduced his clause to 15 million euros.

Very Talented CB.

xXKonan

If we buy him, we should loan him.
Going by what Fernando Polo said on MD, the club is starting to worry a bit in regards to our CB situation. one of the concerns is Mascherano's fitness and Marlon's lack of experience in La Liga. If they go for Mere, he's likely going to stay since despite only being 20 years old he already has more experience under his belt in La Liga.

xXKonan

We already have lots of young CBs (Umtiti-Marlon-Bueno-Mina), we need young midfielders ffs
Robert's speciality is finding young talented CB's it seems.

I think the only chance we will end up buying Mere is if Verm and Marlon don't impress Valverde enough in preseason. I say Verm because apparently since we can't seem to find a seller and because of that Valverde is willing to give him one more chance.

Messi983

I think the only chance we will end up buying Mere is if Verm and Marlon don't impress Valverde enough in preseason. I say Verm because apparently since we can't seem to find a seller and because of that Valverde is willing to give him one more chance.

I've read there is a clause in Mere's contract that he can go on loan to La Liga team now that Sporting is relegated and if they are promoted he must go back to Gijon unless a team pays his release clause. We should use that if true, get him for a season to see how he'll do and then buy him if he's good or send him back if he won't convince. There were already teams like Betis and Malaga interested in loan deal so if we want to get him we should do it now because he won't be available after our preseason finish anymore. Of course everything depends if he's really willing to come here knowing that he won't be a starter.

If we really buy Mere it's possible Marlon will go on loan. And well, we can then keep one non EU spot open for Paulinho or Lima in that case. :bartomeu:

xXKonan

[tw]880800360515993600[/tw]

Says Sampdoria, Fiorentina, Hamburg, and Dortmund are interested in Mere.

[tw]880800748560318467[/tw]

Says He dreams of Barcelona and if we make an offer he would join us no question.

Albo

We should buy him but that means we have to figure out something for Vermaelen & Marlon.

Trafalgar

I forgot about Vermaelen lol, I don't even count him as a player

Home of Barca Fans