Paulinho

Sorin

Fairly sure UEFA and PSG both agreed the transfer was to be considered from 2017/18 in full for FFP.

Not that I don't believe you or anything but can you please direct me to where you've seen this info?

I've read some articles and they said that only his wages will count and that's why they only loaned him for this year.

JamDav1982

Not that I don't believe you or anything but can you please direct me to where you've seen this info?

I've read some articles and they said that only his wages will count and that's why they only loaned him for this year.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Act...com/showthread.php/14060-Moneymar-Jr/page1006

PSG is doing very well, but will have to sell players by June 30 if he does not want to be in big trouble next season. The current accounting year (2017-2018), with the huge expenditures made on Neymar (222 million euros) and Mbappé (145 million euros + 35 million bonuses) has not been taken into account by the ICFC, which reviewed the three precedents. But it will be in August, forcing the PSG to cash 60 million euros in the transfer market if he does not want to be in the eye of the storm again.

xXKonan

Seen a whole range of dumb tweets today from all sorts of people.

Barca decides to buy Paulinho.

"Wow fuck this board and it's corrupt shit and they are leading us down a path of destruction"

One year later Barca decides to sell Paulinho for 50 million euros.

"Wow fuck this board they're clueless and are leading us down a path of destruction"

This board is not great by any means but fucking hell people make up your minds. Is Barto and the rest the worst because they bought Paulinho or selling him for 10 more million than what we bought him for? These guys spent the whole season wanting us to sell him and when we decide to these guys start to bitch yet again.

I was one of those anti Paulinho people at the start but yeah he has a lot of flaws but I appreciate what he's done for us in the season. Who wouldn't cash on on Paulinho for 50 million? You bet your ass off most teams who receive a 50 Million euro for a player like Paulinho who turns 30 here in a month would at least strongly consider it off the bat.

For me it comes down to who replaces him and if you want to criticize the board, do it after the dust settles and see who they get to replace Paulinho with.

God Serena

One of the saddest days in Barca history for me anyways.

I know this may sound hard to believe, but his departure brings me more sorrow than Iniesta's.

Paulinho was the type of player we lacked for a decade, now he's gone after one season.

We love to ban those PSG trolls but I think this guy deserves it more than all of them combined.

We love to ban those PSG trolls but I think this guy deserves it more than all of them combined.

Too bad you can't ban everyone you disagree with or there wouldn't be too many people left on this site.

Yet another smug asshole pretending to be better than he actually is on the internet.

Go cry some more about how this club is in crisis while Valverde keeps stacking trophies.

God Serena

Too bad you can't ban everyone you disagree with or there wouldn't be too many people left on this site.

Nah, just blatant trolls. I disagree with Jamdav, BBZ, and Serghei all the time.

Yet another smug asshole pretending to be better than he actually is on the internet.

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

Go cry some more about how this club is in crisis while Valverde keeps stacking trophies.

Not many CLs in that stack but I guess that's okay if Real Madrid keeps winning them for us.

Nah, just blatant trolls. I disagree with Jamdav, BBZ, and Serghei all the time.

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

Not many CLs in that stack but I guess that's okay if Real Madrid keeps winning them for us.

I know Madrid winning the CL so many times in the past few years has made us Barca fan impatient, but the CL is the most difficult trophy to win in club football. Madrid's recent historic run doesn't change the fact that going three years without a CL isn't long at all.

Man United haven't won it since 2008, PSG has never won it, nor have City. Bayern haven't won it since 2013. Juventus hasn't won it in over two decades. I wouldn't expect a shameless glory hunter to understand this though. A dry spell of 3 years is long time for you people. It's the instant gratification era where everyone melts down if they don't get what they want when they want it.

I know the argument against what I'm saying is "but we have Messi." Yes we do, but when your best players fails to show up in the biggest matches in the CL and the rest of your team is completely one-dimensional and not suited to knockout format football you don't stand much of a chance.

Are you really trying to classify Valverde's work this season as unsuccessful. If I can recall correctly most Barca fans were melting down back in August after Neymar left saying this club were in a crisis and we would go trohpyless again. Guess what? Valverde came in during a rough time and set the team up to play in a way that would get the best results with the resources he had. He made mistakes in the CL, but all in all it was a very successful season considering our season outlook at the start of the season.

Yet ungrateful pricks like you like to rear their heads out and complain about not winning the CL in a year they expected nothing. Now suddenly the goal posts have moved and a domestic double isn't enough and Valverde is fraud for not winning a treble in his first season.

George_Costanza

Seen a whole range of dumb tweets today from all sorts of people.

Barca decides to buy Paulinho.

"Wow fuck this board and it's corrupt shit and they are leading us down a path of destruction"

One year later Barca decides to sell Paulinho for 50 million euros.

"Wow fuck this board they're clueless and are leading us down a path of destruction"

This board is not great by any means but fucking hell people make up your minds. Is Barto and the rest the worst because they bought Paulinho or selling him for 10 more million than what we bought him for? These guys spent the whole season wanting us to sell him and when we decide to these guys start to bitch yet again.

I was one of those anti Paulinho people at the start but yeah he has a lot of flaws but I appreciate what he's done for us in the season. Who wouldn't cash on on Paulinho for 50 million? You bet your ass off most teams who receive a 50 Million euro for a player like Paulinho who turns 30 here in a month would at least strongly consider it off the bat.

For me it comes down to who replaces him and if you want to criticize the board, do it after the dust settles and see who they get to replace Paulinho with.

Where is the 50 million?! As per official FC Barcelona website: "FC Barcelona and Guangzhou Evergrande have reached an agreement for the loan transfer of Paulinho Bezerra for one season, with a subsequent purchase option for the Chinese club."

Purchase option= The right, but not the obligation to buy.

And pls no stupid ass explanation of Jamdav that they are not supposed to announce it now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Where is the 50 million?! As per official FC Barcelona website: "FC Barcelona and Guangzhou Evergrande have reached an agreement for the loan transfer of Paulinho Bezerra for one season, with a subsequent purchase option for the Chinese club."

And pls no stupid ass explanation of Jamdav that they are not supposed to announce it now.

If the wording/agreement is the same as the one Bayern made for James or PSG for Mbappe (who also had loans with 'purchase options' at the end IIRC) then it is essentially a purchase with the fee delayed by a year. You'd have to compare the details of the 3 cases (or similar ones) to know for sure, but I'm guessing it's the same gist.

JamDav1982

Haha Jesus Christ.

Keep up dumbass and don’t ask questions if you are too dim to understand the answers.

Go look at how any of these deals are worded by clubs before crying about not liking the answer given.

George_Costanza

If the wording/agreement is the same as the one Bayern made for James or PSG for Mbappe (who also had loans with 'purchase options' at the end IIRC) then it is essentially a purchase with the fee delayed by a year. You'd have to compare the details of the 3 cases (or similar ones) to know for sure, but I'm guessing it's the same gist.

it's the same, if Bayern don't want James then he will return to Real. Bayern have an option to buy James from Real Madrid at the end of his loan spell for 42 million euros which they will do becuase it's cheap.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
it's the same, if Bayern don't want James then he will return to Real. Bayern have an option to buy James from Real Madrid at the end of his loan spell for 42 million euros which they will do becuase it's cheap.

Looking at the James deal, all recent reports says that he "hopes" to stay there (i.e hopes they exercise the option) and the Bayern execs essentially saying they will. So you were right that they had the choice to in this case.

Whereas on the Mbappe deal, it doesn't seem like it was ever an optional thing and just another condition in the contract.

This is why I fucking hate the football transfer system. So much grey area in how agreements are formalized, no standardization which lets the clubs agree to whatever the hell they want, and seemingly no central body to govern these things. Some countries have buyout clauses, some don't. Some agreements have "incentives" here and there. You can cheat FFP by making "loan purchases" as in the Mbappe case. And then you have that historical amount of fuckery in the Neymar transfer case simply because clubs have no leash in making deals. Just a huge fucking mess.

And that doesn't even go into how badly inflation has fucked the market and made it ridiculous, and how much this 'money game' cripples small clubs.

There is only one solution. Football needs a transfer cap and a salary cap. It needs a central body regulating transfers and trades. The way things are is so prehistoric and stupid, and those who have any say in the organization/development of this sport financially are complete idiots.

It's a beautiful game but an absolutely shite professional sport. There's plenty to hate about American sports leagues but if there's one thing they've done right it's managing the financial side of the game. Harder to do in a sport based in several countries with different leagues, but it simply can't continue without some sort of central ground.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Looking at the James deal, all recent reports says that he "hopes" to stay there (i.e hopes they exercise the option) and the Bayern execs essentially saying they will. So you were right that they had the choice to in this case.

Whereas on the Mbappe deal, it doesn't seem like it was ever an optional thing and just another condition in the contract.

This is why I fucking hate the football transfer system. So much grey area in how agreements are formalized, no standardization which lets the clubs agree to whatever the hell they want, and seemingly no central body to govern these things. Some countries have buyout clauses, some don't. Some agreements have "incentives" here and there. You can cheat FFP by making "loan purchases" as in the Mbappe case. And then you have that historical amount of fuckery in the Neymar transfer case simply because clubs have no leash in making deals. Just a huge fucking mess.

And that doesn't even go into how badly inflation has fucked the market and made it ridiculous, and how much this 'money game' cripples small clubs.

There is only one solution. Football needs a transfer cap and a salary cap. It needs a central body regulating transfers and trades. The way things are is so prehistoric and stupid, and those who have any say in the organization/development of this sport financially are complete idiots.

It's a beautiful game but an absolutely shite professional sport. There's plenty to hate about American sports leagues but if there's one thing they've done right it's managing the financial side of the game. Harder to do in a sport based in several countries with different leagues, but it simply can't continue without some sort of central ground.

I totally agree with all you said.

About Paulinho, I think he will be back to Barcelona next summer. This might be related to Arthur and freeing up a non-EU spot and buying another Kia Joorabchian player (Willian). Mina most likely will be loaned too.

Messi983

img_aperez_20180709-104305_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_paulinho-kyHI-U45784076377LgF-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.JPG

:(

Lutece FC

UEFA did count Mbappe fee in 2017/18 FFP accounts.

So no different really.

you're right but people wants to open the shitbox which is their mouth...

Paris respected all the rules, if there is corruption, it's more the pressure put by old clubs on UEFA

Home of Barca Fans