Paulinho

God Serena

This game summed up the usual Paulinho performance. Does absolutely fuck all the entire game and doesn't provide the team with a single positive quality in midfield and has nothing to provide the team whatsoever when he's not in the opposing box, but when he is in the box he's a goal threat. He'd be just as useful if he set up a chair behind their goal and sat there waiting for our attack to get to the final third, and just saved his stamina instead of pretending to play for the rest of the game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
LORD scored again.

Didn't play well though. Lacks the positional sense to play in the middle. Better out wide where he can move up and down.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He's not a controlling midfielder. Needs to play in a free role to aggressively attack the space and exploit gaps. Quality player though. Haters gonna hate.

Jakabor

This game summed up the usual Paulinho performance. Does absolutely fuck all the entire game and doesn't provide the team with a single positive quality in midfield and has nothing to provide the team whatsoever when he's not in the opposing box, but when he is in the box he's a goal threat. He'd be just as useful if he set up a chair behind their goal and sat there waiting for our attack to get to the final third, and just saved his stamina instead of pretending to play for the rest of the game.

Disagree that he does fuck all the entire game. He puts on pressure and wins a lot of ball or forces the opposition into bad passes. In possession he is pretty useless, but let's not act like that's the only thing that matters on a football pitch.

God Serena

Disagree that he does fuck all the entire game. He puts on pressure and wins a lot of ball or forces the opposition into bad passes. In possession he is pretty useless, but let's not act like that's the only thing that matters on a football pitch.

If you're no use to us in possession you're really no use to us at all. He's not the only player in the world who can pressure the opposition, but there are plenty who can pressure the opposition while still being of use when we have the ball, which is generally the majority of the game.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
If you're no use to us in possession you're really no use to us at all. He's not the only player in the world who can pressure the opposition, but there are plenty who can pressure the opposition while still being of use when we have the ball, which is generally the majority of the game.

How come he is no use to us in possession?

JamDav1982

He has been useful to Barca so your argument fails right there.

Devils

DS9FFNlW4AAn7i1.jpg:large

Madridistas are shook.

ASordidGod

I'll say yet again that his goals aren't sufficient compensation for his lack of all round game, especially in a mid 3. Decent squad player but that's it. Keep this year and next, and then try and get a bit of money back imo.

serghei

I thought he was poor and the goal doesn't change that at all. He won't be scoring at this rate for long and he won't be as motivated and dedicated, so when his scoring and his workrate drop, his place in the team will be questionable.

I think I'd go with a Coutinho/Iniesta - Busi - Rakitic - Dembele/Roberto midfield 4 in most games.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I'll say yet again that his goals aren't sufficient compensation for his lack of all round game, especially in a mid 3. Decent squad player but that's it. Keep this year and next, and then try and get a bit of money back imo.

His goals, pressing from front, ability in each box and reacting to the movement of Messi is what he is there for.

Could well get decent money for him from China in couple years. He was the best player there and face of league.

Home of Barca Fans