Paulinho

ASordidGod

For me he's a different option, nothing more. I can't understand why people are getting so carried away. Irony? Guilt because you wrote him off completely before he arrived (as indeed I did)? Okay so he scored an important goal to win us a game, and early on he suggested he might be developing an understanding with Messi. (Though I haven't seen much evidence of any link up the past few games) But he's not a starter CM in a 2, not if we want even a semblance of control, and nor is he a LM or RM. Personally the only way I'd start him in an important game is in place of Suarez maybe, off Messi, and making runs in behind.

vlad

Guy is bench material and can be improvment last 20 minutes, relaying on him as a starter is just no, its just funny how 1-2 goals vs minions can change opinion for some fans who started to hate him when he still didnt had barca shirt on, soon we will here have funny nicknames on his thread and similar things like on gomes thread, i didnt have high expectations from him, its common sens, he arrived from china, what it bothers me that he will take minutes which could be useful for some youngster and future barca material

bodi16

Maybe he is not a starter material for us, but still he is way above the level of Gomes and lazy Arda. Yes, he isn't the greatest midfielder around, but at least he proved that all his doubters were wrong, including me.

vlad

Maybe he is not a starter material for us, but still he is way above the level of Gomes and lazy Arda. Yes, he isn't the greatest midfielder around, but at least he proved that all his doubters were wrong, including me.

How come is few matches enough to prove you wrong? Interesting, if he starts to play like shit will you then say "i knew it" ?

FinBarcelonafan

Guy is bench material and can be improvment last 20 minutes, relaying on him as a starter is just no, its just funny how 1-2 goals vs minions can change opinion for some fans who started to hate him when he still didnt had barca shirt on, soon we will here have funny nicknames on his thread and similar things like on gomes thread, i didnt have high expectations from him, its common sens, he arrived from china, what it bothers me that he will take minutes which could be useful for some youngster and future barca material

First of all, he has played excellent and I'm not talking about his goals here. In general he is breath of fresh air. He helps us in areas, which we've been struggling. He can run, he is strong and he keep the game simple and straight forward (good forward passes). His thinking is how to make the simple good play and make something out of the situation, instead of just passing back and doing nothing, which is what everyone else is doing on this team, other than Iniesta and Messi.

Paulinho adds elements to this team, which we were lacking. He's great option from bench or even as a starter. Not to mention he has good chemistry with Messi and he can actually finish his chances.

I was the most skeptical about this PAulinho move, but he has proved me wrong with his play. He has played amazing football for us, I mean could you expect anything more? No. He has done fantastic job..

It's hard not to like this guy. Very likable. :paulinho:

Last edited:

bodi16

How come is few matches enough to prove you wrong? Interesting, if he starts to play like shit will you then say "i knew it" ?

Nah, i really didn't and don't expect much from him. The thing is that a few years back he would have been just a squad player for us, a bit like Keita, but nowadays it seems that we need to rely on this type of players that lack creativity in the final third just because of our poor transfer policy.

vlad

Im 100% sure he will be hated here soon, when season will be in full force, give me a break, guy could not play for tottenham, he was in china and now he is "fantastic" for barca, but its probably because barca is desperate, guy scored few goals, made some good passes with messi, enough to start hype, but we will see, just my opinion

Edit: it was similar with rakitic in start, when barca bought him, everybody who watched him before knew he is not barca material, but he had one great half season and hype was ON, correct me if im wrong but there were also comments like "barca was right to pick him over kroos", look situation now, its hilarious

Last edited:

bodi16

Im 100% sure he will be hated here soon, when season will be in full force, give me a break, guy could not play for tottenham, he was in china and now he is "fantastic" for barca, but its probably because barca is desperate, guy scored few goals, made some good passes with messi, enough to start hype, but we will see, just my opinion

Edit: it was similar with rakitic in start, when barca bought him, everybody who watched him before knew he is not barca material, but he had one great half season and hype was ON, correct me if im wrong but there were also comments like "barca was right to pick him over kroos", look situation now, its hilarious

It's just our board that made things worsen year after year. In the summer of 2015, everybody was saying that we got Rakitic for peanuts, which was quite true, even though Kroos was also cheap at that time (i reckon 25M or so). And IIRC, Kroos also wanted to join us over RM.

Paulinho is a different type of player, more of a destroyer rather than a game controller, yet he might be useful when going forward knowing our limited attacking options nowadays. Anyone who expects Paulinho to dictate the tempo of our game will end up disappointed.

Senador Romario

Paulinho only can play as attacking midfielder. Trying to use him as a typical Barca midfielder make no sense.
In this case was better to sign some typical Barca midfielder.
Paulinho needs to play in the box as a false 9 with defensive duties.

Xaviniesta

DOiAJQaVAAAo5I7.jpg

Makes balancing look easy

Home of Barca Fans