Paulinho

behindbrowneyes

His physical presence alone unsettles team. Seems to have a decent understanding with Messi.

LoL at Valverde being in love with Rakitic and Gomes.

In love with Gomes? Gomes has played 210 minutes so far. Only injured Dembélé and Paco have played less. Get your facts straight.

LeeRomeno

Probably mistranslation or then he tried to say that having many chances means he is getting into good positions. Which is true.

behindbrowneyes

Probably mistranslation or then he tried to say that having many chances means he is getting into good positions. Which is true.

Here is the full Valverde-quote on Suárez:
"He looks good to me. It’s the third game he has played in six days. He had a great game against Atletico and he was tireless against Olympiakos, but he always get chances. That aggressiveness he plays with guarantees he will always be in there. The more chances he misses, the better, because he’s there. He is priceless for us. Suarez is ambitious and no one likes to be taken off. Everyone wants to play, everyone wants to start… I don’t see any problem."

Hopefully the goals will come from alone once he gets in form or fixes the issues with his knee.

Neeraj

What a load of horse shit. Suarez has been inconsistent in front of goal for more than a year now, he was erratic last season too, but obviously still got a lot of goals thanks to the chances Messi kept creating for him.

He has reached a new low, and it's unlikely we're going to see a great Suarez again, especially after an operation at 31. The more he misses the better quote is such nonsense; you cannot say this when someone has been missing chances for so long. Also, the fact that he cannot pass, dribble or generally control a ball well nowadays means he brings nothing to the team, apart from missed chances. You cannot be having such a big liability on the team, but I don't see Valverde being a strong character who will bench Suarez.

mark1nhu

I can understand what Valverde was trying to say because it is pretty much the same most people always said about Cavani, but Valverde chose his words very poorly.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just a note that Paulinho is having a better season than any Barca midfielder Iniesta included. Also having a MoM performance against Olympiacos. Suarez, for example, has none.

Not to shabby for much disputed Brazilian. And he just arrived. Givehimoneseason, timetosettle shite dont work on him :andre: :paco: :arda:

Might as well make him a starter now. Still think that in the long run, he isn't the solution to our midfield problems and would be better as a supersub.

From playing in China at 29 to starting at Barca. That would have to be the biggest career turnaround ever :lol:

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I still can't see him às a starter but he does bring something different and links well with Messi. His strength and running disrupt opposition defences and create space for Messi.

xXKonan

Yeah I don't even see him being a full blown starter, in certain games he would struggle I think but in a lot of others games he would thrive. He would be the perfect 12th man you can say.

Nothanks

he should of started vs atletico not gomes lol

if Valverde was going for physical its a no brainer whose better in that aspect.

kollegah

Should start every game from now on, 2 reasons why:

-Messi is happy to play and combine with hime = happy messi, good barca
-physical presence + can create huge danger in the opposition box (a thing iniesta, rakitic, busquets, gomes cannot provide

Home of Barca Fans