Paulinho

serghei

You know what? Wheter people like him or not, he will get the chance to prove his worth at one of the greatest teams in the world. So, he can very well prove people wrong. I don't believe for a second that Barca fans will continue to look at him as not good enough if he starts playing great for at least the next two seasons? But will he? That's the big question. Does he have what it takes to make it in such a difficult environment as Barcelona. That's the hard one, and I frankly am sceptical. But maybe he will prove all people wrong. At this point, Barca fans, real fans who want the best for this team, can only hope he will come good in spite of these initial bad feelings about him.

You know what? Wheter people like him or not, he will get the chance to prove his worth at one of the greatest teams in the world. So, he can very well prove people wrong. I don't believe for a second that Barca fans will continue to look at him as not good enough if he starts playing great for at least the next two seasons? But will he? That's the big question. Does he have what it takes to make it in such a difficult environment as Barcelona. That's the hard one, and I frankly am sceptical. But maybe he will prove all people wrong. At this point, Barca fans, real fans who want the best for this team, can only hope he will come good in spite of these initial bad feelings about him.

I can already answer to your question. He will definitely fail here. I have nothing against the guy, he actually seems really cool, but he doesn't have any of the qualities that are needed for our midfield. He is just another deadweight that we won't be able to sell.

serghei

I can already answer to your question. He will definitely fail here. I have nothing against the guy, he actually seems really cool, but he doesn't have any of the qualities that are needed for our midfield. He is just another deadweight that we won't be able to sell.

He probably will. But not definitely. Nobody can be sure about that without seeing him at Barca for at least 6 months.

God Serena

I hope he not only turns out to be as bad as expected, but that he finds himself a permanent place on the bench or in the stands next to Arda Turan.

He's blocking progress, our midfield is already bloated with trash, and bringing in talented young midfielders from both La Masia and outside of it is going to be much more difficult due to him being here and the less he plays, the better.

tacticvarium

He probably will. But not definitely. Nobody can be sure about that without seeing him at Barca for at least 6 months.

I know you confined your comments to generalities but he will not suceed in Barça. Doesn't need 6 months to judge how he will turn out here. His quality is not worth waiting such a long time and such amount of playing time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Barca turn into a team with a deeper defensive line, focused on counter attacks and simply staying back to get the ball forward as soon as possible, then I think he can be a success with the ability to run all day long and help out in defence, physical battles.

The question however, for everyone on this forum is:

What do you want Barcelona to be?

Paulinho could probably be a valuable player for Atletico actually, in place of Gabi.

Last edited:

Total-Football

If Barca turn into a team with a deeper defensive line, focused on counter attacks and simply staying back to get the ball forward as soon as possible, then I think he can be a success with the ability to run all day long and help out in defence, physical battles.

The question however, for everyone on this forum is:

What do you want Barcelona to be?

well we have exactly what you are saying in rakitic and Roberto who both run their ass off all day long. And i'm not sure why we talk of lord paulinho's physical abilities as if his 30 year old ass has the same stamina as Gebrselasie. I understand the need to rationalize this but soon enough the smoke is going to be cleared up and see the dizaster for what it is.

As of what does barcelna want; when a team switches up from one player to another at the blink of the eye then the answer is one: nothing in particular. There are simply no plans. They feel compelled to buy players because of the pressure, what players and what profiles this bears little to no importance to them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
well we have exactly what you are saying in rakitic and Roberto who both run their ass off all day long. And i'm not sure why we talk of lord paulinho's physical abilities as if his 30 year old ass has the same stamina as Gebrselasie. I understand the need to rationalize this but soon enough the smoke is going to be cleared up and see the dizaster for what it is.

As of what does barcelna want; when a team switches up from one player to another at the blink of the eye then the answer is one: nothing in particular. There are simply no plans. They feel compelled to buy players because of the pressure, what players and what profiles this bears little to no importance to them.

Rakitic cannot run anymore and while Roberto can, Paulinho is more of a physical player.

Not rationalizing this, but some people are or try to do so.

So my question to them is simple.

Will you be happy to play like Atletico Madrid? If not, then Paulinho has no place in the starting XI and you got to wonder why you paid 40m for a bench option?

Total-Football

Rakitic cannot run anymore and while Roberto can, Paulinho is more of a physical player.

Not rationalizing this, but some people are or try to do so.

So my question to them is simple.

Will you be happy to play like Atletico Madrid? If not, then Paulinho has no place in the starting XI and you got to wonder why you paid 40m for a bench option?
Even this statement is too flattering to paulinho. At his very best he wouldn't be good enough to play for simone's team; let alone after his reemergence from the slums of football. just go through the midfielders who started for atletico in the last years, would you pick ser paulinho over any of them. I wouldn't.

Barcilliant

I think Valverde approved this. Bilbaos midfield was pretty tough and physical. Valverde probably saw our weak, shitty midfield and thought he could toughen it up with Paulinho. However there were similar players on the market who were better or younger eg Bakoyoko, Matic, Tolisso. Fuck, we could have even tried for Kante.

I hope he succeeds because I want the best for the club and he seems like a cool guy. However, I'm scratching my head as to HOW he will succeed.

Maybe we can convert him to CB and put Umtiti in midfield;)

Home of Barca Fans