Paulinho

[tw]966893512066150402[/tw]

Sport just doing damage control like usual.

If he was so tired and injured why start him against Chelsea? Could've started either Vidal or Gomes and they wouldn't have been any worse. Or why did he start against Eibar for that matter just 3 days before the CL match? I don't buy any of these excuses one bit.

M

MessiCam

I don't understand Valverde to be honest. In his post match presser he says this was a match for certainties while admitting Paulinho's shortcomings when it comes to playing in tight spaces. Yet he still handed Paulinho the start on the right side of midfield knowing full well that Chelsea were going sit back and deny us space.

The reason Paulinho worked so well against Madrid on the right side was because they don't play a negative game and allowed him space. With this space he was able to hinder Kroos. Paulinho didn't have a good game on the ball vs Madrid either but what he did do was not allow Kroos into that game at all. And Kroos is Madrid's outlet... He did a similar thing to Messi in an Argentina vs Brazil international.

Paulinho should play as RCM in his box to box role against teams that play an open game. He is very dangerous then because he is a pest and will make late runs into the box.

Horatio

You're welcome
If he was so tired and injured why start him against Chelsea? Could've started either Vidal or Gomes

If Valverde foresaw Chelsea parking the bus Paulinho is logical choice between Vidal, Gomes and him.

I don't have an issue with Valverde's choice. Issue was Paulinho playing subpar even for his standards.

henias

If Valverde foresaw Chelsea parking the bus Paulinho is logical choice between Vidal, Gomes and him.

I don't have an issue with Valverde's choice. Issue was Paulinho playing subpar even for his standards.

It didnt take him until we conceded a goal to sub him out even though he gifted Chelsea with so many counters and didnt exploit any space behind Chelsea's defence. He also played him out of position in a 4231 attacking. He isnt a wide midfielder.

Everything wrong with playing Paulinho. Vidal is a much better fit.

God Serena

If Paulinho's foot is fractured he wouldn't be anywhere near the pitch. Yeah fucking right. Dembele is 100% fit and still isn't starting or even getting many minutes (Presumedly because of his injury) at all despite being our big money signing but Paulinho, who can't do Jack's hit on the ball and offers practically nothing needs to play every week, often several times in a week, despite having a fractured foot?

Haha give me a break. We've seen this all happen before with Arda. First he's adapting, then he's injured, then he's fatigued, then he's poorly coached, and then he's dropped.

Cule4life

The Culest
[tw]966893512066150402[/tw]

Sport be like

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_1280.gif

Home of Barca Fans