Paulinho

serghei

He's not a Barça level starter and more of an impact sub to bring on when needed. He need to be allowed to play as a B2B MF or else he's not really useful to us.

Can't advance the play at all. Once the game is more settled and less chaotic (as in end to end) his contribution is down to almost zero. Not what we needed, but can help us by scoring surprise goals in tough moments.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can't advance the play at all. Once the game is more settled and less chaotic (as in end to end) his contribution is down to almost zero. Not what we needed, but can help us by scoring surprise goals in tough moments.

Yeah, I agree.

I think he'll stay here for two seasons until we eventually move on from him.

Worth 40 millions? I don't know. He's been much better than expected, but would need to make a huge impact in the CL to live upto that transfer fee.

serghei

Yeah, I agree.

I think he'll stay here for two seasons until we eventually move on from him.

Worth 40 millions? I don't know. He's been much better than expected, but would need to make a huge impact in the CL to live upto that transfer fee.

Sort of like Rakitic in 2014-15. Scored some important goals because he wasn't seen as a major threat and teams weren't as determined to track his runs. As teams will be paying attention to Messi, Dembele and Suarez, or even Iniesta more, Paulinho can have some breathing space to come from the 2nd line in space with less pressure on him. If he does that well enough, he might be an unusual factor especially in CL ties, and the type of player to give the manager some tactical options, without being influential as a whole package (which he obviously isn't).

He is the type of player who is not good enough to draw a lot of heat and attention, but good enough to speculate the moments where he is given too much space and leeway.

Last edited:

bodi16

Well, at least he scores. Let's see if he will play in the Clasico and if he has something new to bring on to the team.

Flavius

Well, at least he scores. Let's see if he will play in the Clasico and if he has something new to bring on to the team.

I.m sure he will play. Had some constant matches, and honestly, he brings something to our play. Not magic, but brings what it needs!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lol. This is like if a CB were to go out on a weekly basis, get absolutely demolished defensively and have no defensive IQ, but score 20-25 goals in a season and get massive praise for it.

People here severely underestimate how important it is for a player in a position to actually have the skillset for that position. And being a midfielder at Barca that's literally incapable of being a productive force in buildup or ball circulation is a very critical flaw. Any game with a tough midfield contest and we'd get murdered essentially having 1 CM in play. People (including myself) shit on Rakitic for not being creative or useful on the ball but he is literally leagues ahead of Paulinho in this regard who had an atrocious 1:2 forward passing ratio and 4 turnovers. RM's midfield would demolish him if he started next week and we would have terrible control of the midfield.

Basketball teams don't play with Centers that can't defend the rim. NFL teams don't generally play with a QB that can't pass. I feel like this is a basic aspect of not only football but every sport out there.

JamDav1982

Lol. This is like if a CB were to go out on a weekly basis, get absolutely demolished defensively and have no defensive IQ, but score 20-25 goals in a season and get massive praise for it.

People here severely underestimate how important it is for a player in a position to actually have the skillset for that position. And being a midfielder at Barca that's literally incapable of being a productive force in buildup or ball circulation is a very critical flaw. Any game with a tough midfield contest and we'd get murdered essentially having 1 CM in play. People (including myself) shit on Rakitic for not being creative or useful on the ball but he is literally leagues ahead of Paulinho in this regard who had an atrocious 1:2 forward passing ratio and 4 turnovers. RM's midfield would demolish him if he started next week and we would have terrible control of the midfield.

Basketball teams don't play with Centers that can't defend the rim. NFL teams don't generally play with a QB that can't pass. I feel like this is a basic aspect of not only football but every sport out there.

It is nothing like that and he had a good game. Which seems to piss you off.

Givenchy

people here have some strange agendas.. the guy is brilliant, most of us doubted him and he's proving us all wrong. don't think he'll start the Clasico but hopefully he makes an appearance, i can just feel him scoring a winner at the Bernabeu

Kuchi

Given Paco is out..expect a line up with him in it in the classico..simillar to valencia away..with rakitic paulingod busi and the don trying to contain modric and kroos

Paulinho is starting the Clasico and anyone who doesn't think so is deluded.

-Paco out
-Dembele out
-Deulofeu out

Ter Stegen

Roberto-Pique-Verm-Alba

Paulinho-Rakitic-Busquets-Iniesta

Messi-Suarez

This will be the starting XI come next Saturday without a shadow of a doubt, feel free to quote me on this.

Home of Barca Fans