Paulinho

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Every match he either scores, comes close or assists. What more would you want from a player? He is not the best midfielder for Barca but he covers a lot of ground and has that chemistry with Messi. If anyone should be dropped from that midfield, it's Rakitić.

Reckon with Dembele return, we might see Paulinho in midfield trio with Busi and Iniesta.

ASordidGod

He recovers the ball well it has to be said, but imo if he's going to play as he does, high up and basically leaving the midfield light for long portions, he absolutely HAS to to be taking his chances. Especially since he creates very little himself. This is going to seem a strange comparison to some - mainly those that don't watch him, just buy the hype - but Paulinho is like Dele Ali in that he's worth his place ONLY if he's scoring. They don't offer enough otherwise. (This is the only criteria I'm using in this comparison btw, their negligible all round impact; I'm not claiming they're similar players.)

PhilS

He recovers the ball well it has to be said, but imo if he's going to play as he does, high up and basically leaving the midfield light for long portions, he absolutely HAS to to be taking his chances. Especially since he creates very little himself. This is going to seem a strange comparison to some - mainly those that don't watch him, just buy the hype - but Paulinho is like Dele Ali in that he's worth his place ONLY if he's scoring. They don't offer enough otherwise. (This is the only criteria I'm using in this comparison btw, their negligible all round impact; I'm not claiming they're similar players.)

Paulinho adds more to the defense than Dele Ali does. But Dele is a much more valuable player than Paulinho. I just hope that Dembele eventually comes close to being as good as Dele.

ASordidGod

Paulinho adds more to the defense than Dele Ali does. But Dele is a much more valuable player than Paulinho. I just hope that Dembele eventually comes close to being as good as Dele.

I know football is all about opinions, but if Dembele can only 'become CLOSE' to Ali then he may as well give up now. :p They're completely different players of course, but imo Dembele has so much more talent and potential. Everyone's saying how Ali is having a bad season. What they mean by that is he's not scoring. His all round game is pretty much the same as last year: which is to say bang average.

JamDav1982

Both very attack-minded players. But you can add the stats and background to it to compare both if you felt I missed something.

Alli is there to press from the front more than likes of Dembele and there to keep ball a bit more than Dembele is.

Almost pointless to compare those stats.

Windhook

He is not 100% motivated anymore or maybe he was giving 200% to prove everybody wrong at the beginning of the season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's not a Barça level starter and more of an impact sub to bring on when needed. He need to be allowed to play as a B2B MF or else he's not really useful to us.

Home of Barca Fans