Paulinho

Devils

Well this is unexpected.

It’s excellent money but at the same time I’m not sure about losing another established midfielder and putting a world of hope on Arthur, De Jong and Alena.

A lot could go wrong with that.

George_Costanza

We should not sell him before we have offloaded all our fringe players, though.

First priority HAS TO BE selling the likes of Gomes, Vidal, Rafinha and one of Mina/Vermaelen and Munir/Paco.

Exactly, I'm not against selling Paulinho although he showed his worth to this team, selling him before selling our deadweights is not a proper planning and risky.

George_Costanza

Well this is unexpected.

It’s excellent money but at the same time I’m not sure about losing another established midfielder and putting a world of hope on Arthur, De Jong and Alena.

A lot could go wrong with that.

Many here will bash Arthur and Alena if they don't perform after 4-5 matches. Read Mina and Denis thread.

ASordidGod

He offers something 'different', certainly, but if that offer's genuine we simply have to sell and reinvest, initially in a controlling mid pref Thiago, and then afterwards in a 'different' more suited to our needs, for example a big technical striker, or a fast, energetic box to box mid. Someone dyamic enough to win the ball back, and good enough to keep hold of it. Neither of which Paulinho can do on a consistent basis, a player so meh in general if he doesn't score it's like playing with ten men.

Joan

Many here will bash Arthur and Alena if they don't perform after 4-5 matches. Read Mina and Denis thread.

Wait, what? Denis has 63 apps for us. Mina, on the other hand, is off. You can see it even in Colombia games where he plays in a deep block. Selling him now is the best thing to do, both for us and him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to keep Paulinho. Think he had a fine season and could get better the next one when he's fully acclimated.

Alternatively sell him for big money but only if we get a proper work-horse in midfield.

Trickykid

He had a pretty bad season, and even though I don't mind a player of his profile, he's just too lacking in too many departments. Sell for a reasonable fee if possible.

xXKonan

According to La Reppublica, Juventus are interested in Paulinho and don't see any issue in paying 40+Million for him.

MTL_Barca

If rumors turn out to be facts Ronaldo, Morata and Paulinho would be excellent signings for Juve. Fit their style to a t.

So they found oil behind their stadium or something? They also have to pay the 40M for Douglas Costa this year, got Cancelo and some other players for more than 60M and there are still more rumors.

They would probably have to kick out Higuain and sell Dybala for that, even if we ignore Ronaldo i don't see them net spending more than 150M on these players this year.

Knowing them their offer for Paulinho would probably be loan + buy next year, paid in 3 installments.

But if they really want to straight up pay us 50M for Paulinho and he wants to leave fine.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans