Paulinho

xXKonan

MD's front cover claims Paulinho would consider the offer we got for him.

What's going to happen is if we sell Paulinho, we will replace him with Willian who is also a client of Kia Joorabchian who is also Coutinho's agent. Willian is a hard worker, has pace and pretty good technical skills. But he turns 30 in a month and has been widely inconsistent.

He's a player most teams would love to have like Pedro. But in this case I don't think it would be a good move for us to go for him especially since he would occupy a Non-EU spot.

Saladin

Whoever wants him, it's 120M or GTFO. :rockon:

Paulinho has definitely proven his worth throughout the season and he adds a different dimension to our game (physicality, understanding with Coutinho, runs to the box).

BUT... 50 mil for a player who is 30 would be too good to pass up - bring in Thiago for 60-70 mil euros or even better go All in for Kanté for 90 mil euros and call it a day. Lenglet, Arthur, De Jong and Kanté would boost our midfield and defense big time.

Givenchy

imho we should cash out for the 10mil profit at 50mil. for once, our board will be doing good business, hes 30 so his physical game will decline. we can sign Arthur, give Yerry a chance while Coutinho applies for his EU passport. I'd love Kante but have we even been linked with him?

Messi983

MD's front cover claims Paulinho would consider the offer we got for him.

What's going to happen is if we sell Paulinho, we will replace him with Willian who is also a client of Kia Joorabchian who is also Coutinho's agent. Willian is a hard worker, has pace and pretty good technical skills. But he turns 30 in a month and has been widely inconsistent.

He's a player most teams would love to have like Pedro. But in this case I don't think it would be a good move for us to go for him especially since he would occupy a Non-EU spot.

My thoughts exactly. If our plan is to sell Paulinho so we can sign Willian then I'm against this move. Would rather bring Pedro back if we're looking for that type of player.

But if we'll sell Paulinho and use that money to get someone like SMS (so we'd basically replace a 30 year old workhorse with a 23 year old with more longterm upside) alongside Arthur and use that open non-EU spot to keep Mina instead of Vermaelen then I'm ok with that. Nothing against Vermaelen but we just can't count on him to stay healthy and I think Mina is good enough to be our 4th CB and he deserves a full season to show what he can do. If not for anything else I'd prefer to use him in the last 15-20 minutes when we'd need to score instead of Pique going forward where he's useless while exposing us defensively.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
We absolutely should not sell him. His presence can’t be replicated by any other midfielders we have. He has at least two other good years left in him given his great physical form. As a special tool against buses/impact sub he can be very useful.

xXKonan

[tw]1013790987532021762[/tw]

According to Alfredo Martinez, the 50 million euro offer is real and Paulinho is interested in the offer.

MD said they Paulinho is starting to see the writing on the wall with us trying to sign De Jong and Arthur who is joining soon.

Saladin

I bet that the offer is from United and Mou...

Could be, but makes little sense when they already have Matic and just extended with Fellaini; Fred is also a very physical midfield presence for them albeit a more offensive midfielder than Paulinho.

Saladin

We should not sell him before we have offloaded all our fringe players, though.

First priority HAS TO BE selling the likes of Gomes, Vidal, Rafinha and one of Mina/Vermaelen and Munir/Paco.

Home of Barca Fans