Paulinho

xXKonan

It's true that's been his best position for us. But, he does the similar for Brazil. Imo, was great today. Casemiro to cover and he's able to run into the box, fantastic player.
Yeah and there's a reason why he still starting and why Renato Augusto got the axe is because he's deadly with Brazil.

But I noticed some Brazil fans not really happy at all with Paulinho so far this WC. Today he was a lot better than he showed vs Switzerland though.

Joan

Yeah and there's a reason why he still starting and why Renato Augusto got the axe is because he's deadly with Brazil.

But I noticed some Brazil fans not really happy at all with Paulinho so far this WC. Today he was a lot better than he showed vs Switzerland though.

Tite trusts him, but I don't think it all about coach's preferences. Paulinho has deserved to start. Was poor vs. Switzerland, but today just great. Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportions, but he moved so well and won tons of balls, created a few chances.

For instance, last time he was replaced because he was poor, Renato was subbed in, today it was a tactical change. He's also been pretty good for us in 4-3-3.

In the end, I'm happy we got him. Don't think it's a bad move.

abiabi

Tite trusts him, but I don't think it all about coach's preferences. Paulinho has deserved to start. Was poor vs. Switzerland, but today just great. Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportions, but he moved so well and won tons of balls, created a few chances.

For instance, last time he was replaced because he was poor, Renato was subbed in, today it was a tactical change. He's also been pretty good for us in 4-3-3.

In the end, I'm happy we got him. Don't think it's a bad move.

what are you talking about? he was very mediocre today, subbed out thankfully.

Barcilliant

IMO he looks better for Brazil because of Casemiro. Casemiro covers alot of ground, wins tackles, breaks up play and goes forward too.

It's no coincidence that when Casemiro became a first team player Real started their upward trend. He and Modric are crucial players.

I would take Casemiro over Busquets in a heartbeat any day. He more versatile and physical then Busquets.

MTL_Barca

I don't think anyone would ever deny that Paulinho is good if used offensively. The problem is that an offensive physical player that has his strengths at runs to the box is not really what we needed.

People compared him to Keita but i don't see the resemblance here, Paulinho is strong but still not really good at defending. We can't play him as a Busquets replacement and he doesn't work good in a double pivot or as a defensive sub. He might be better there than most of our other midfielders because at least he's strong but still not really perfect for a versatile role like that.

No wonder he was best when we used him as a third attacker last season.

Messi983

GOATinho

DgvNaSVXkAA8zur.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Happy for him. From China to Barca double and shining for his NT. And he hasn't had a rest in a year, been playing non stop.

PhilS

What a wonderful thing to see that run by Paulinho, the pass from Coutinho, then the finish. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this next Barca season. Paulinho has to play a lot. Is anyone better charging into the attack from midfield?

Home of Barca Fans