Paulinho

ASordidGod

Add to that he slows the play down by needing too long and too much space to control the ball and a longer time to make a decision on what to do with it.

Yeah, that too. The complete package, huh? :lol:Yet every time I watch the (English) commentators keep going on about what a "great" signing he's been because he's scored 8 goals or whatever. :lol:

God Serena

Actually you should look at why he suddenly drops in form and his massive amount of games in a row, no summer break and playing important role in National team is far more important than what he did some years ago in a totally different league. Top players go from La Liga to Premier and flop and other way round and then some players do good in both. It is all individual and has very little relevance.

If his drop in form is due to fatigue the solution is simple: stop playing him. I haven't watched the game yet as I just got home from work (Actually turning it on now) but judging by the unopposed negative comments he most likely wasn't one of our best out there. At what point do we stop saying he's fatigued as an excuse, and just... stop playing him? For this reason I find it hard to believe his dip in form is actually fatigue related at all. Yes he's played quite a lot, but perhaps the Chinese league isn't very tiring, who knows. Considering a player with no dribbling or passing ability was able to be a superstar over there, it is quite possible the average game in China amounted to a regular training session in terms of intensity for Paulinho, and if that were the case, he really wouldn't be as tired as made out to be, would he? I don't think Brazil and Barca both are just total idiots that can't see how tired Paulinho is and that both teams find it impossible to play without him, especially if this current nightmarish form is due to fatigue.

Now, I don't think his status as a player with no European experience outside of failing in England is the end all be all in regards to judging him as a player, but outside of an admittedly hot start to the season his play has stagnated greatly. He's not the first player to start off well before becoming a flop, and he won't be the last. At the end of the day, we signed a player from China for 40m who is 29 years old, who has essentially 0 European experience, and outside of the first few months he has been a total disaster.

Last edited:

God Serena

Just finished watching the game and Paulinho's first positive contribution came in the 65th minute, drawing a foul. Up to this point he's offered nothing in attack, he's been a passenger on defense (Even during the first goal he just kind of stood there and hoped the ball would just come straight to him), and his build up play has been nonexistent. He's like a walking red card, it's like we spent 40m just to play with a man down.

If I were to try and visualize the worst a Barca player could possibly be, Paulinho would exceed my own imagination. Denis came on and looked like prime Iniesta in comparison. If Paulinho is seriously this god awful because he's playing too much, stop fucking playing him, because this is shameful.

LeeRomeno

If his drop in form is due to fatigue the solution is simple: stop playing him. I haven't watched the game yet as I just got home from work (Actually turning it on now) but judging by the unopposed negative comments he most likely wasn't one of our best out there. At what point do we stop saying he's fatigued as an excuse, and just... stop playing him? For this reason I find it hard to believe his dip in form is actually fatigue related at all. Yes he's played quite a lot, but perhaps the Chinese league isn't very tiring, who knows. Considering a player with no dribbling or passing ability was able to be a superstar over there, it is quite possible the average game in China amounted to a regular training session in terms of intensity for Paulinho, and if that were the case, he really wouldn't be as tired as made out to be, would he? I don't think Brazil and Barca both are just total idiots that can't see how tired Paulinho is and that both teams find it impossible to play without him, especially if this current nightmarish form is due to fatigue.

Now, I don't think his status as a player with no European experience outside of failing in England is the end all be all in regards to judging him as a player, but outside of an admittedly hot start to the season his play has stagnated greatly. He's not the first player to start off well before becoming a flop, and he won't be the last. At the end of the day, we signed a player from China for 40m who is 29 years old, who has essentially 0 European experience, and outside of the first few months he has been a total disaster.

He is being played as he is more or less only this type of player we have on the ranks. No need to exaggerate aswell, he was fine right until February, so definitely not couple of months.
He was poor again yesterday, but so was entire team after international break.

God Serena

He is being played as he is more or less only this type of player we have on the ranks. No need to exaggerate aswell, he was fine right until February, so definitely not couple of months.
He was poor again yesterday, but so was entire team after international break.

What type of player is he, exactly? He genuinely does nothing when he plays, especially nowadays. There's no exaggeration needed, his stats reflect this as well. The last time he had a "Good" game was on January 14th, our 2nd Liga game after the winter break. He scored against Sociedad but aside from that played just as he has been lately.

He wasn't just poor, he was hands down the worst man on the pitch and comparing him to the rest of the team and calling them "Poor" as equals is disingenuous.

LeeRomeno

What type of player is he, exactly? He genuinely does nothing when he plays, especially nowadays. There's no exaggeration needed, his stats reflect this as well. The last time he had a "Good" game was on January 14th, our 2nd Liga game after the winter break. He scored against Sociedad but aside from that played just as he has been lately.

He wasn't just poor, he was hands down the worst man on the pitch and comparing him to the rest of the team and calling them "Poor" as equals is disingenuous.

The fact that you actually ask that shows that you are just another hater, who is enjoying the times the player he hates is having a bad form.

Ritchie

He just isn't a Barca player. File under Arda

Sorin

He was so poor last night. Attack - 0. Midfield - 0. Defence - 0. Absolute 0 on the field.

We missed a chance with N'Zonzi last summer. Would've cost as much money as Paulinho but way better at the things a midfielder should do: passing, control a game and defend. Would've helped both Rakitic and Busquets in games like these. He is also a pretty physical guy. And those long legs of his could tackle a player from a mile away.

FCBfan22

I think we bought him as an impact sub to boost the attack and be a scorer, but we keep using him as a starting midfielder. Why?

Paulinho as a CM in 4-3-3 is a big no. It has been proven time and time again.

JamDav1982

His best performances by far have been when he has played more behind a striker where he presses from front, can move into dangerous positions etc.

Play him deeper or on right and he is nowhere near good enough.

Will never happen but if get decent team in CL would like to see him there as midfield is so fucking weak and slow against better sides. Not sure who would drop though.

FCBfan22

His best performances by far have been when he has played more behind a striker where he presses from front, can move into dangerous positions etc.

Play him deeper or on right and he is nowhere near good enough.

Will never happen but if get decent team in CL would like to see him there as midfield is so fucking weak and slow against better sides. Not sure who would drop though.

Yup. Either play him as a CAM in 442 diamond or as a free CM in 442 flat. He has no place in 433. The whole right side suffered because of him.

Home of Barca Fans