Paulinho

R

reaper

Paulinho was great when he was played more at CM role. Now he is RM and nobody in Barca squad can handle this position. Nobody. Not Paulinho, not Andre Gomes, not Aleix Vidal. The only good RM is Sergi Roberto, but he is too good at RB right now that it renders him ineffective in such role.

I don't think Sergi Roberto is a Barcelona standard RB. Amazed we have a gap there to be honest. He was one of our weakest players tonight.

Windhook

I don't think Sergi Roberto is a Barcelona standard RB. Amazed we have a gap there to be honest. He was one of our weakest players tonight.

Absolutely disagree. Sergi was brilliant at stopping almost all of Chelsea's attacks on the right back. How many times did Hazard and Alonso created danger from his zone?

SeloBarca

Paulinho was great when he was played more at CM role. Now he is RM and nobody in Barca squad can handle this position. Nobody. Not Paulinho, not Andre Gomes, not Aleix Vidal. The only good RM is Sergi Roberto, but he is too good at RB right now that it renders him ineffective in such role.

He has never played as a CM.
He plays further up the field than everyone except Suarez.

Barcilliant

This is the problem. Paulinho did OK today but Rm is not his position. Roberto should be there and Semedo at rb.

FCBfan22

Paulinho has no position, Paulinho has no home. In words of Charles Barkley: Turrible.

I want to see Semedo-Roberto right side in the 2nd leg.

5ergio_Busquets

Absolutely disagree. Sergi was brilliant at stopping almost all of Chelsea's attacks on the right back. How many times did Hazard and Alonso created danger from his zone?
Chelsea attacked from Willian's side because he was their best player tonight and this doesn't automatically mean Roberto played well. Alone that backwards clearance to the edge of the penalty area is enough to make him stop playing as a defender because it's not the first time he does it!

Co0ter

Roberto was better than every single midfielder we played, including Vidal once subbed. They were all clueless going forward and despite having 4 mids got smoked on the counter every single time because they are ALL SLOW and NOT defensive players. We have played with one hand behind our back for years because we've played Rakitic since the moment we bought him defensively on the right side when he had zero of the qualities to do so. Now we play Paulinho out of position and he's awful there too. What the fuck is Paulinho going to do playing wide on the right side?!

Not to mention playing Coutinho on the right instead of where he is clearly 100% better, the left. We have a great starting 11 but we don't play anyone where they are best at playing. This kind of football is not shocking, it's what you get as a result.

Cule4life

The Culest
I just love that statement, it applies on 80% of the squad

"He should be sold in the summer"

:lol:

SELL. Barto, ya hear'!

So Paulinho and Gomes are 80% of the squad now? If you have nothing to defend your point just keep quiet don't spout strawman arguments.

Windhook

He has never played as a CM.
He plays further up the field than everyone except Suarez.

Matter of fact he did earlier this season. In the last month Valverde deploys him on the right side of midfield instead of Rakitic, the Croat has proven this season he is better in controlling the centre of the pitch.

ASordidGod

I'd rather Gomes played; that's how little I think of this guy. I try not to be too harsh, I really do, to be supportive; but he's never going to win me over. Partly that's just because of my preferences I'll admit, in that I love, love, love good technique; but also, plain and simple, it's because this guy's not good enough. Bring him on MAYBE. But start? Hell no.

Givenchy

not gonna shit on the guy totally, hes been important this season but its quite obvious hes out of his depth at this level. the poor guy probably had flashbacks to his Spurs days playing vs a PL team. hopefully we move him on once Arthur is ready to join, hes not worth the passport

Home of Barca Fans