Paulinho

denn

With him and 4-4-2 we are unbeaten since 21 matches in a row..... all time record 23 matches...
Some people have no idea what a balanced team means :facepalm:

Yeah, why not so, it looks wunderfull

Couthino-Suarez-Messi
Iniesta-Busquets-Dembele
Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Samedo
Ter Stegen

WTF?

Rakitic instead of Dembele. You have great and balanced team. Iniesta and Coutinho working on the left side, right as usual.

MagIX

WTF?

Rakitic instead of Dembele. You have great and balanced team. Iniesta and Coutinho working on the left side, right as usual.

I remember that with your great and balanced team (= as the past season, but with Neymar instead of Coutinho), it was a catastrophic and painful season, we lost 4-0!! vs PSG and 3-0!! vs Juventus... and we won only (sigh!) copa del re. One of the worst season of the last 10 years.
+ Dembele on the bench ? 140Mio on the bench ?

Alik

With him and 4-4-2 we are unbeaten since 21 matches in a row..... all time record 23 matches...

I remember that with your great and balanced team (= as the past season, but with Neymar instead of Coutinho), it was a catastrophic and painful season, we lost 4-0!! vs PSG and 3-0!! vs Juventus... and we won only (sigh!) copa del re. One of the worst season of the last 10 years.

Yeah, Paulinho is the reason for all our success this season. :rolleyes:

denn

Can you read?

I said, that formation should be used now when Dembele is out.

And season before we won the league with that formation. 3 years ago we won treble with that formation. Fuck sake. So you are saying Paulinho is the reason why we are so good and undefeated? Paulinho doesn't give us balance, he is just running aroung, not knowing what to do. His defensive ability is awful, in the attack he is good at finding spaces, but Barcelona needs more than that now when Coutinho is here.

Dear God, can't believe someone would put Coutinho/Iniesta on the bench to start Paulinho. FFS

MagIX

Yeah, Paulinho is the reason for all our success this season. :rolleyes:

No. Changing from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 yes, that has totally balanced the team

Messi:

https://www.sport-english.com/en/new...alance-6582040

On Neymar he said: "Neymar's departure has changed our way of playing. We lose lots of attacking potential but it helped us in a defensive sence. Right now we're very well armed in the centre of the pitch. We have more balance and that makes us defensively strong."

Last edited:

MagIX

Can you read?

I said, that formation should be used now when Dembele is out.

And season before we won the league with that formation. 3 years ago we won treble with that formation. Fuck sake. So you are saying Paulinho is the reason why we are so good and undefeated? Paulinho doesn't give us balance, he is just running aroung, not knowing what to do. His defensive ability is awful, in the attack he is good at finding spaces, but Barcelona needs more than that now when Coutinho is here.

Dear God, can't believe someone would put Coutinho/Iniesta on the bench to start Paulinho. FFS

For me Iniesta, Couthino, Suarez, Messi can not play toghter.
Coutinho is the replacement of Iniesta.

When Dembele will be ready, i do not know who leave on the bench

malvolio

i think his days as a starter will soon be over. coutinho and dembele will surely play so that leaves no place for paulinho. he has heart and physicality but otherwise he's too rudimentary for a starting barca midfielder. coutinho and dembele will supply the goals and creativity, while busquets and rakitic will be the controllers. sure, we might use him as a jolly joker when something else is needed, but i'll be surprised if he'll be a starter in 2 months time.

raedkuwait

Yeah, why not so, it looks wunderfull

Couthino-Suarez-Messi
Iniesta-Busquets-Dembele
Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Samedo
Ter Stegen

i totally agree with you, he adds balance to our team, with him we have an unbeaten run, there is a reason for our coach to keep starting him, and thank good our coach does not think like the haters here and keep starting him, but no matter what haters will always hate him, i guess the think they all know better than
the coach :)

God Serena

i totally agree with you, he adds balance to our team, with him we have an unbeaten run, there is a reason for our coach to keep starting him, and thank good our coach does not think like the haters here and keep starting him, but no matter what haters will always hate him, i guess the think they all know better than

Hahaha I vividly remember you taking every opportunity to shit on Mats and cry about Bravo leaving, so yeah, thank god.

M

MessiCam

The players are not the problem. They all have their qualities. It's finding a balanced system that gets everybody in their preferred positions and unfortunately that system is not one that utilises a double pivot with attacking players like Iniesta, Dembele and Coutinho in the wide positions.

With Dembele's injury Valverde, through circumstance, played this 4-4-2 and it worked wonderfully because he overloaded the midfield with central midfielders (any 4 of Busquets, Paulinho, Rakitic, Iniesta, Gomes) and gave one of them the liberty (mostly Paulinho) to join attacks. Now that Coutinho is here (he is no Iniesta replacement by the way) and Dembele coming back soon he can't do that unless you want to bench 225 million worth of players.

behindbrowneyes

I expect that the 4-4-2 will stay the preferred system, at least for CL games. Could be that Valverde tries different things in league.

I don't expect Dembélé to be an indisputed starter. He'll have to earn his spot and in CL I see him more as an option for the last 30 minutes than as starter. We'll need the balance to succeed in CL and I don't see this happening with Dembélé in the line-up.

Home of Barca Fans