Paulinho

Joan

we can confirm now what role suits him, in a midfield of Iniesta/Coutinho? - Rakitić - Busq - Paulinho he can play advanced and help the team

the fact is that Busq had to be rested

5ergio_Busquets

Here is a question for the Paulinho fanboys:
If a defender scores goals but is bad in defense and makes a lot of mistakes, is he a good defender?
A midfielder should do a midfielder's work and if he can score goals when he get's the chance it's a bonus but his main job is still in the midfield making the play and creating chances.
A surprising attacking run is good but if he does it all the time it isn't even a surprise for the opponents anymore.

Paulinho doesn't have the passing or the positioning a good midfielder needs, he also isn't calm on the ball and lacks first touch and control.

Joan

Here is a question for the Paulinho fanboys:
If a defender scores goals but is bad in defense and makes a lot of mistakes, is he a good defender?
if an attacking midfielder is played as a defensive one and he does nothing at all, is he a bad AM?

or if a player is played in a position which doesn't suit his skills and abilities, does it make him a bad player?
for fuck's sake, we are talking about the most technical midfield in the world

God Serena

Once again Paulinho does fuck all the entire game when he's not in the opposing box. Too bad today his touch was so poor he couldn't even grab a goal. It's like this every single time he plays, he's a total 0 as a midfielder and tries desperately to be an attacker but it just isn't working. Go ahead, preach about his goals, but his buildup was nowhere to be seen, he didn't do much of anything to help our defense when it was getting hammered, his vision, passing and dribbling ability are on an almost childlike level, and now without scoring an open goal his contribution to the team was nothing. But this is of no surprise, I get labelled a "Hater" every week after he puts in a performance consistent to what I've been saying all along but I will continue to be a hater until he at least completes a successful dribble. Paulinho is terrible and if it weren't for his goals he'd have nothing to contribute. And being so close to 30 we can be pretty damn sure he's more likely to get worse as time goes on instead of improving on his innumerable weaknesses.

Nothanks

Paulinho is good for us, but we had too much fluidity today, we need somewhat of a structure.
the midfield today was a huge mess with messi, coutinho, iniesta, paulinho all roaming around trying to find each other.
he should only play for us when we desperately need a goal against a team parking the buss 65th+ minute (given that everyone is healthy otherwise he's a good rotation for these small games)

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He's basically a striker, because let's be honest, when he is asked for midfielders duties he is lacking... I'm cool with him on the team, but should be used more wisely...

raedkuwait

Is it really worth arguing about Paulinho when Dembele is going to replace him in a couple weeks time anyways?

as far as i see it, Demblele cant stay fit if his life dependent on it, i am at the stage where i think he will get injured every time he starts sprinting
and i like paulinho he is always a goal threat player.

FCBfan22

as far as i see it, Demblele cant stay fit if his life dependent on it, i am at the stage where i think he will get injured every time he starts sprinting
and i like paulinho he is always a goal threat player.

Again, predicting the future and making conclusions.

denn

I don't wanna see him in starting team even when Dembele is out. He is not good enough to start for FC Barcelona. Coming from the bench for last 20 minutes, great, have nothing against that.

4-3-3 with Coutinho Suarez Messi as front 3. It's not that hard Valverde.

MagIX

With him and 4-4-2 we are unbeaten since 21 matches in a row..... all time record 23 matches...
Some people have no idea what a balanced team means :facepalm:

Yeah, why not so, it looks wunderfull

Couthino-Suarez-Messi
Iniesta-Busquets-Dembele
Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Samedo
Ter Stegen

Last edited:

ASordidGod

Should never be played in a mid 2 with Rakitic, that's for sure. Indeed as a centre mid he's pretty worthless to be honest. We lose so much control when he plays. Bring him off the bench if we're chasing a game, maybe. But if he can't even impose himself on Alaves' mid, then he really shouldn't be starting.

Home of Barca Fans