Paulinho

kattanib

I thought he was poor and the goal doesn't change that at all. He won't be scoring at this rate for long and he won't be as motivated and dedicated, so when his scoring and his workrate drop, his place in the team will be questionable.

I think I'd go with a Coutinho/Iniesta - Busi - Rakitic - Dembele/Roberto midfield 4 in most games.

He is perfect for La Liga when you need a bit of a push against those defensive teams.

jamrock

This game sums him up. Goal but little else if he isn't allowed to roam and get into thw box he doesn't provide much, nice player to bring off the bench if we need a goal, shouldn't be starting once everyone gets fit and into the groove of things

Jallo

This game sums him up. Goal but little else if he isn't allowed to roam and get into thw box he doesn't provide much, nice player to bring off the bench if we need a goal, shouldn't be starting once everyone gets fit and into the groove of things

Couldn’t agree more

Faceless

No more faces at night
DS9FFNlW4AAn7i1.jpg:large

Madridistas are shook.

K-k-kraklinho! :worthy:

Seriously though, can't agree more. He's a decent backup but someone else deserves the starter spot. Coutinho maybe. The true Brazilian Kraken

Joan

You are all underestimating his contribution. Without him we wouldn't be able to win the clasico. But he needs a free role and tons of space which he didn't have today to prevent opponents' positioning and use the space. Does it all very well and still manages to score. I don't know what else could we ask for?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He looks all over the place and it can be annoying but we shouldn't underestimate his contribution nor overlook the positives of his style where he switches positions. Cruyff's Barca was about that too. Stoichkov, Laudrup moved places to surprise opposition and Paulinho offers that exactly. Maybe not in systematic kind a way but I am appreciating him being a wildcard.

FCBfan22

Paulinho is the kind of player that you use in specific applications. One is as a wild-card scorer when you are drawing in the 60th minute. The other is to bully opponent's technical midfield (some kind of a position-free tank midfielder). He does those two things amazingly well.

Shouldn't be a starter (unless you use him for destruction of opponent's midfield play, like against RM), but he is an amazing wildcard sub.

Messi983

He's ok to be a starter against opponents like Levante but don't think he fits into Rakitic role. He probably wouldn't even start today if Busquets could play though. Or he would be used in that more advanced role where he can roam around with more freedom.

raedkuwait

Every game, every week, every match, and even after his great performance in el classico, but still haters say wait tell
you c him against top teams :) and thats all of you before el classico game said that madrid will trash us, you all
haters are waiting for barca to lose this one game to just say we told you so, i cant understand you really, he is a great
team player and bring a punch to our attack. that was missing before he arrived.

raskolnikov

I have to apologize to Paulinho. I was convinced this Spurs reject from China would be douglas 2.0 but he has been great so far. He adds something we lacked and is a great addition to the team.

Home of Barca Fans