Paulinho

xXKonan

Looking at the passing stats from today and consider the teams he played for I think that has to be a personal record for him. :lol:

Positionally he still has to improve but the time he's spent in training here has helped improved some of the areas he's generally weaker in.

booge

he has an incredible motivation due to his first season.

edit: "the LORD has incredible motivation". sorry for blasphemy

M

MessiCam

Worth the 40m. Iniesta needs to be converted into the Xavi role since he can't run anymore and we should play a Paulinho-Busquets-Iniesta midfield.

I'd like to see this tried out to be honest but I don't think it would work due to Paulinho's lack of creativity. That said, he definitely makes an impact.

M

MessiCam

I admit I was confused by his signing but I have been pleasantly surprised. He keeps things simple, is strong, can hold on to the ball, looks to advance the game, makes runs into the box from deep and is a goal scoring threat. He needs more work on his positional play as to play more quick and one touch passes but maybe, just maybe he can boss our midfield. I wouldn't have said that a few months ago.

He needs a stern test against quality opposition too.

henias

He is a great box to box midfielder, almost a Casemiro equivalent of Real Madrid but just more offensive. A very dangerous aerial threat as well, really what we lack most of the time. I admit I was sceptical abt him but he's doing unexpectedly well. He should be able to take over Rakitic if he keeps up.

He and Messi suits very well together. Paulinho has strength and power to hold off defenders, win aerial balls, linkup play, something Messi would thrive on.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion

Every pass is a simple sideway pass. He is dangerous in the box and not a total desaster as everyone expected (i. e. fucking everything up) and that's all. If Gomes was quicker and made runs into the box you wouldn't see the difference.

M

MessiCam

There is nothing wrong with sideways passes. But in all appearances thus far 57% of his passes are forward. Xavi’s forward pass average was 64%.

henias

Every pass is a simple sideway pass. He is dangerous in the box and not a total desaster as everyone expected (i. e. fucking everything up) and that's all. If Gomes was quicker and made runs into the box you wouldn't see the difference.

He isn't supposed to be a creative midfielder. He is a b2b midfielder and provides that extra workrate so Busi and Iniesta can work their magic. His aerial ability is a plus point as well. Compared to Rakitic who is slow and weak, he is a much better replacement. If he can work on his crosses and shots, he would be a beast.

If Paco could dribble, finish and pass you wouldn't notice the difference between him and Messi.

Xaviniesta

[tw]920937569767919616[/tw]

Rakitic says hi btw

Home of Barca Fans