Paulinho

Albo

It did look like the worst deal we've ever made. It's his responsibility to answer us on the pitch and I'm glad he's doing so.

Even if it was the worst deal in history, it's not Paulinhos fault. If he didn't fit in but still tried his best I wouldn't hate him, I would hate the technical personnel for buying a player who doesn't fit us. As long as he tries his best, there is no reason to hate him even if things go to shit. If he goes the Arda Turan way and becomes a useless parasite who does not even bother to try, then I'm ready to hate/bash/ridicule him.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I mean 40 million euros on a 28/29 year old B2B Midfielder who struggled at the Spurs and was shipped off to China did have a lot of us pretty angry for a number of reasons. For Paulinho though not really his fault since the club was the one that wanted him badly and we paid big bucks for him.

Right now he's motivated and out to prove us doubters wrong. and fair play to him since a lot of players can collapse under the pressure to perform to fan expectations, in the Eibar game he thrived on it and while not perfect looked comfortable out there.

Albo

I mean 40 million euros on a 28/29 year old B2B Midfielder who struggled at the Spurs and was shipped off to China did have a lot of us pretty angry for a number of reasons. For Paulinho though not really his fault since the club was the one that wanted him badly and we paid big bucks for him.

Right now he's motivated and out to prove us doubters wrong. and fair play to him since a lot of players can collapse under the pressure to perform to fan expectations, in the Eibar game he thrived on it and while not perfect looked comfortable out there.

Some people here were angry at Paulinho and not the board. I even said back then that focus your anger on the board and not on Paulinho. I guess people were too riled up to care.

Last edited:

God Serena

I'm only able to casually watch instead of hyper-analyze like I normally would because I'm at work, but Paulinho doesn't appear to have any characteristics of a quality midfielder from what I can see. Just gotta hope he pops up in good position to score as he doesn't appear to be influencing the game at all the way a midfielder should

Shouldnt play together with Rakitic. Rakitic doesnt provide that much control, he provides almost none.

He's much better B2B than Raki and also much better physically but Raki provides a bit more control. Think he should be a super sub in big games rather than a starter. His energy can do wonders against tired legs. He can pop up in the box and score a goal or defend a lead on the other end. I'm not sure it's a role that justifies his transfer fee but it's more than i expected him to be able to provide.

Last edited:
Rakitic doesn't provide control, it's simply because Busquets came on

Provides more control than Paulinho, but yes, he still doesn't provide all that much.

Which is why he and Paulinho shouldn't play together. Then you basically have no control, especially when Rakitic is in the DM spot instead of Busquets.

Xaviniesta

Provides more control than Paulinho, but yes, he still doesn't provide all that much.

Which is why he and Paulinho shouldn't play together. Then you basically have no control, especially when Rakitic is in the DM spot instead of Busquets.

Agree, but I think Paulinho's role in midfield is different from Rakitic's

gatsu

I'm curious to know what paulinho provides as a midfielder. And how could he be better than rakitic, again as a midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans