Paulinho

Horatio

You're welcome
You could see the immediate shift in mentality as he came on. Ball was passed more fluidly, players looked to enjoy themselves more and notched up the pace.
Even Messi started smiling. Great signing.

Last edited:

Jcar

Paulinho's titles:

Brazilian Serie A 2011
Libertadores 2012 (south american champions league)
World Clubs 2012 (against Chelsea)
Paulista 2013
Confederations Cup 2013

Whoscored:
+ Strengths
Passing - Strong
Tackling - Strong

- Weaknesses
(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Paulinho's Style of Play

Likes to play short passes
Likes to do layoffs
Likes to tackle

Assists from Paulinho

[youtube]RdeqVLK-sfE[/youtube]
[youtube]l26hn-rcnRM[/youtube]

Hattrick against Uruguai

[youtube]_2g8J8LaaCc[/youtube]

paulunho.jpg

paulistao2013_paulinho03_rib_15.jpg

paulinho_tacarecopa3_rib.jpg_95.jpg

1afp36.jpg

Corinthians-Paulinho-taca-paulista-640x480-Ag_Corinthians.jpg

PAULINHO_NILTON_FUKUDA_ESTADAO_630.jpg

Last edited:

Jcar

neymar-iniesta-paulinho-2013.jpg

The match Brazil VS Spain of the Confederations Cup is a good match from Paulinho. You could watch the full game it if you want.

His main ability are his runs trying to infiltrate the area looking for goals. He has good control of the ball, can dribble and can do good passes (although he can't dictate the rhythm of the game). He can help with the construction of the tiki-taka by giving options for others to pass, he can find or create spaces while doing it. His finishing is great, he is a player that usually dont fear the big matches, he can defend really well, is tall and isn't slow because of it. He is one of brazil's coach favorite players (Tite managed him on Corinthian from 2010 to 2013). Even with Fabinho (Monaco), Fernandinho (City), Allan (Napoli), Rafinha (Barcelona) and other good CMs surging (Wendel that PSG is buying right now, or Douglas from Manchester City), he is there as the absolute starter for Brazil (41 games).

I cant say for sure that he can do his best on tikitaka, but he is not a player like Douglas (RB) that nobody on Brazil understood why Barcelona was buying him. The mistake is that he iss too expensive and too old to be a normal aquisition, BUT, he does have quality to increase Barça's game.

Last edited:
neymar-iniesta-paulinho-2013.jpg

The match Brazil VS Spain of the Confederations Cup is a good match from Paulinho. You could watch the full game it if you want.

His main ability are his runs trying to infiltrate the area looking for goals. He has good control of the ball, can dribble and can do good passes (although he can't dictate the rhythm of the game). He can help with the construction of the tiki-taka by giving options for others to pass, he can find or create spaces while doing it. His finishing is great, he is a player that usually dont fear the big matches, he can defend really well, is tall and isn't slow because of it. He is one of brazil's coach favorite players (Tite managed him on Corinthian from 2010 to 2013). Even with Fabinho (Monaco), Fernandinho (City), Allan (Napoli), Rafinha (Barcelona) and other good CMs surging (Wendel that PSG is buying right now, or Douglas from Manchester City), he is there as the absolute starter for Brazil (41 games).

I cant say for sure that he can do his best on tikitaka, but he is not a player like Douglas (RB) that nobody on Brazil understood why Barcelona was buying him. The mistake is that he iss too expensive and too old to be a normal aquisition, BUT, he does have quality to increase Barça's game.

Agree with most of the things.
Still, I'm critical on how he would suit for total football, but his positional awareness is a good sign. In addition to that I also believe he is not going to decline from his current ability for 3 years. Still will prefer Alena over him. But I don't think Valverde is a very intelligent guy to see the quality of Alena. I hope that valverde will prove me wrong.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Too bad he won't be allowed to kick the shit out of every player like Casemiro and Xabi Alonso before him did.

Porque

I would have preferred Kondogbia over Paulinho (since we were being linked to both)

Kongdobia was MOTM vs Madrid on his debut, he kept Isco in his pocket and scored a goal

He was great at Sevilla too. Of course Valencia played a style that suited him but when you look at squad options, he was a good one.

Home of Barca Fans