Paulinho

BBZ8800

Have to say he made some good runs into the box. Both Pique and Denis should have passed the ball to him.

From these 5 minutes, he seems like the fastest Barca's midfielder (with Roberto).
When was the last time when Iniesta/Rakitic/anyone made these runs?

At least it looked promising.

BBZ8800

I obviously don't know what instructions he was given by Valverde but he seemed clueless. His positioning during build-up was terrible, he seemed to just be taking up space. Other than that, well he didn't even touch the ball after the first header from the throw-in. Hopefully he gets more comfortable position-wise with more minutes.

1st touch header
One attempted through ball 20 seconds after that
And I think 2 simple passes after that.
Plus 2-3 forward runs into the box.

And one pass/mistake where he didn't get the ball (Busi took it and passed it to Paulinho then)

Givenchy

From these 5 minutes, he seems like the fastest Barca's midfielder (with Roberto).
When was the last time when Iniesta/Rakitic/anyone made these runs?

At least it looked promising.

not really saying much though, our midfield are turtles.

hopefully we see him start next game ahead of Raki, Paulinho cant be any worse.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's not Paulinho.

He's Godinho!

I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up being meh, but chips in with a crucial goal or two through his runs.

EdmondDantes

I obviously don't know what instructions he was given by Valverde but he seemed clueless. His positioning during build-up was terrible, he seemed to just be taking up space. Other than that, well he didn't even touch the ball after the first header from the throw-in. Hopefully he gets more comfortable position-wise with more minutes.

He barely played 5 minutes...

Last edited:

kattanib

Is this forum full with crazies? or is my definition of craziness is what people consider sanity?

What is reality? I am not sure anymore

Wick

Yes, Rakitic is pathetic and has been for a while, bar some exceptional moments.

Rakitic is slow, misplaces too many passes, doesn't show any creativity and just seem to lack desire. Obviously declining.
Paulinho isn't creative either, but I refuse to believe he is slower and lacks more urgency than Rakitic.

Should at least try Paulinho over Rakitic.

gatsu

On a seriuos note. Few touches are sometime enough to judge a player. It is the case for Paulinho. Douglas 2.0 all over again.

Home of Barca Fans