Paulinho

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even this statement is too flattering to paulinho. At his very best he wouldn't be good enough to play for simone's team; let alone after his reemergence from the slums of football. just go through the midfielders who started for atletico in the last years, would you pick ser paulinho over any of them. I wouldn't.

He could play over Gabi who's still a starter for them, although Partey can also take over that role I guess.

Gabi just shouldn't start for them anymore. He's getting blown apart from the pace of the game now.

I think Valverde approved this. Bilbaos midfield was pretty tough and physical. Valverde probably saw our weak, shitty midfield and thought he could toughen it up with Paulinho. However there were similar players on the market who were better or younger eg Bakoyoko, Matic, Tolisso. Fuck, we could have even tried for Kante.

I hope he succeeds because I want the best for the club and he seems like a cool guy. However, I'm scratching my head as to HOW he will succeed.

Maybe we can convert him to CB and put Umtiti in midfield;)

Don't forget Matuidi who Juve bought for 20m. Physical box to box midfielders are a dime a dozen.

Neeraj

Don't forget Matuidi who Juve bought for 20m. Physical box to box midfielders are a dime a dozen.

Yeah, this is what convinces me that this deal is shady. There are so many players of this kind out there. If what Robert says is true and they had Paulinho as a target all along, why not get someone like Matuidi, who is clearly better, has played in better teams and has performed at the top level, not to mention for HALF THE PRICE.

Not just Matuidi either, I'm sure we can think of a bunch of guys that would fit this description, if that's really what we wanted. He clearly wasn't bought for marketing or appeasing the fans. So there's only one way to rationalize this transfer then.

Cule4life

The Culest
Rakitic cannot run anymore and while Roberto can, Paulinho is more of a physical player.

Not rationalizing this, but some people are or try to do so.

So my question to them is simple.

Will you be happy to play like Atletico Madrid? If not, then Paulinho has no place in the starting XI and you got to wonder why you paid 40m for a bench option?

Why cant i see ur blog entries?

Ritchie

Would Ozil have made more sense than Paulinho? I wouldn't want either but we need a creative midfielder who can pick incisive passes (i.e. Coutinho). Ozil can do this too.

Albo

Would Ozil have made more sense than Paulinho? I wouldn't want either but we need a creative midfielder who can pick incisive passes (i.e. Coutinho). Ozil can do this too.

Lool now I have heard everything. Ozil is just a glorified Arda Turan. A lazy turtle.

Petulant Whiner

It's pointless to spend any amount of money on Ozli. He does not have the will and motor to get you anywhere on the pitch, while at the same time being a locker room cancer when the team is not playing well or achieving anything. Giving the keys of Real to Modric and shipping Ozil was the smartest move Real did.

Also, Paulinho was a shady transfer. There was not a chance to buy any one instead of him, for less money with Bartomeu there. That was quite possibly the only sure to happen transfer the whole summer.

So how the hell are we going to get rid of this guy? Who'll be willing to pay his wages? Some bottom-half PL team maybe?

Also, :lol: at anyone still discussing the signing from a sporting perspective. There are no sporting reasons for this. It is beyond obvious that this is another one of Bartomeu's shady deals.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans