Paulinho

Barcilliant

Putting aside the absurd fee, The Absurd wages, And The fact we could've for the same money gotten a player with similar profile to him in europe and not in the chinese league.

Now talking about him purely as a player, He may not be an all around great footballer, But he has specific attributes he's quite good at, And i'm basing this on me watching him numerous times for the national time, And the 'Super league', Didn't watch him when he was with tottenham.

He's quite good at ball recovery, And specially tacking, It's what he's good at, Yes it is the "Super League" after all, But still it's the thing he shines above the rest of him teammates, And whoscored through stats confirmed this yesterday:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Paulinho: Has won possession in the middle third more times than any other player in the last two Chinese Super League campaigns (233) <a href="https://t.co/6Vjz5XzsT6">pic.twitter.com/6Vjz5XzsT6</a></p>— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) <a href="https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/896355604457017344">August 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Where he would he be useful?, In specific matches, Specially those away CL matches where it's important to tame down the opposition and thwart their offensive transition, The same way pep used to play seydou keita for the same purpose in away matches.
While our players are technically gifted and amazing, Physically they're wusses with the exception of mascherano, And it's just the truth. Let's be honest, That 4-0 against PSG is just a good illustration that they don't even understand the concept of a tackle or a technical foul to stop an attack, It was a 90 minutes disaster of our players just watching PSG players run and bounce the ball between each other, And not even bothering to slide their legs a bit, That terrible first half against juventus is another examples of that, Ball watching for 45 minutes and letting the likes of paulo dybala shoot without any resistance.
So he'll be useful in matches requiring great ball recovery and more "dirty" play, Usually outside of our stadium.

The usefulness he'll provide, Is at the very, Very most, Worth no more than 15m, But he's not the terrible people make him out to be, It's the deal itself that is terrible.

So he'll be useful at fouling the opposition and getting himself sent off?? Sweet. Even Thiago Motta and Van Bommel had some skill. Paulinho has all the skills of a tipsy mule. He's shite...pure shite.

Garrus

Those stats are inflated cause he plays in CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE. That's basically secunda (or even worse) level right there with 2,3 stars sprinkled in some teams. You can't expect him to play on the same levels against Real Madrid or Bayern as hes playing against Chinese farmers. Case closed.

Can't really take stats from Chinese league and think he can do the same in la liga
Jesus, Does anyone read the posts in here, Or is it just you see a shiny white twitter box and just jump in for an opinion.
I've already said i've watched him with him at the national level that's where i knew he was good at ball recovery and tacking, I placed that whoscored stat just in case no one was believing he was good at that, It wasn't meant to say that he'll replicate those stats in la liga or CL, It's just a general info about his player profile, That's it.
Be civil, And stop trolling.

Iarwain

Jesus, Does anyone read the posts in here, Or is it just you see a shiny white twitter box and just jump in for an opinion.
I've already said i've watched him with him at the national level that's where i knew he was good at ball recovery and tacking, I placed that whoscored stat just in case no one was believing he was good at that, It wasn't meant to say that he'll replicate those stats in la liga or CL, It's just a general info about his player profile, That's it.
Be civil, And stop trolling.
I can't help but feel most of these comments here as emotional outbursts on board or whatever, as if they expected a flashy big name signing from Neymar money and got some tackler from China instead. Most people here seem too proud to even consider what Paulinho has to offer.

Your earlier comment is absolutely spot on btw. Barca lost a lot of that neccessary dirty work with Alves departure too, he was great at harrassing opponents without getting booked. I think Barca lack that Casemiro-like presence and hope Paulinho could end up filling it.

Don't know why everyone keeps whining. His team-mate already confirmed the transfer on instagram by wishing Paulinho good bye. He's coming, whether we like it or not

At least we will see how Barca plays in a 4-2-3-1 with his arrival

There is not such a thing, we will play 4-3-3 as always.
Paulinho will just rot on the bench, having some minutes in cdr and that's it.
He is nowhere near to be a starter in this team. wtf are people thinking.

Don't know why everyone keeps whining. His team-mate already confirmed the transfer on instagram by wishing Paulinho good bye. He's coming, whether we like it or not

At least we will see how Barca plays in a 4-2-3-1 with his arrival

If you knew for sure you were going to get buttfucked, you'd stop whining about it ? interesting.

GetIn

IkfewWGNuRcqMc8NRf3C5fDae8XW3OtmnglrreHrsFs.jpg

He's coming home.

Raketa10

This stupid bastard can't even imagine the reception he'll receive in Barcelona. Next year he'll go on loan and we'll be stuck with his disastrous salary!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans