Paulinho

Androutsos

Maybe it is just a tactic from Barto to get the socis thinking that we are going to sign him, then all of a sudden Coutinho & Dembele announced and the socis are like 'oh yeah wow nice job Barto you're great'.

No?!

I'm trying to find sanity by any means right now!

Garrus

As player profile i think he can be very useful, But as an actual deal. With these money figures thrown at him, The 40m fee is wrong, His wages, Wrong, The timing of signing wrong, All around making a terrible deal.

The board backed themselves into a corner with a paulinho, It's a Lose-Lose situation either way, He fails to deliver, They'll get the back-lash, Even if he does delivers, He can never live up to a 40m price tag, And he'll still be accused of taking time away from other players, And again they'll get the back-lash.

They really shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Last edited:

TrueCule

Paulinho is Valverde's wish. He wants to play with 2 DMs (playing alongside with Buski) in the middle in the 4-2-3-1 system, which is a balanced formation offering good defence with a lot of variety in attack.

Suarez

Coutinho - Messi - Dembele

Paulinho - Buski

Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Vidal/Semedo

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Paulinho is Valverde's wish. He wants to play with 2 DMs (playing alongside with Buski) in the middle in the 4-2-3-1 system, which is a balanced formation offering good defence with a lot of variety in attack.

Suarez

Paulinho - Buski

then play samper or bob there. No need to buy him. There is no way this can be justified. We should buy Seri,?Coutinho and dembele. Then we would be strong as hell. Paulinho transfer ruins so much. It shows our board is corrupt and incompetent, a waste of money, adds more dead weight, ages our team even more, waste minutes of la masia talent that, shows our lack of ambition/sense to the rest of the team and so on.
Its nothing personal about the guy either. It would be the equivalent of us getting bendner when we can get Dolberg for the same amount. Only positive thing might be that finally these old socio's can be swung into making a smart decision and vote this board out!

George_Costanza

As player profile i think he can be very useful, But as an actual deal. With these money figures thrown at him, The 40m fee is wrong, His wages, Wrong, The timing of signing wrong, Al around making it's a terrible.

The board backed themselves into a corner with a paulinho, It's a Lose-Lose situation either way, He fails to deliver, They'll get the back-lash, Even if he relievers, He can never live up to a 40m price tag, And he'll still be accused of taking time away from other players, And again they'll get the back-lash.

They really shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Can he be useful? How so? I did watch him with Evergrande including AFC final and nothing special about him. Zheng Zhi and Elkeson were better than him so he is not even the best on his own team.
[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] & co never actually watched him play but they blindly defend this purchase. Paulinho has no place in Barcelona and his situation will likely be similar to Douglas but an expensive one 40m+25m salaries= 65m. And again, we will be stuck with him and will fail to offload him because of his high wages and age.

Zuti

Suarez

Paulinho - Buski

At the press conference yesterday, Valverde clearly said that he requested no specific players, so I don't know where you get the idea from that Paulinho was his wish.

serghei

Hoping they get to their senses and stop this transfer from happening in due time. It's just a bad transfer. Hell, I'd even accept taking a player from China. But not a 29 years old one and for 40m. And not giving him high wages and a 5 (!!!) year contract.

Are you kidding me? At least Arda had a great resume when he signed him. Played for a great team and did it very well over the course of multiple seasons. This guys doesn't even have that. Why take this stupid risk with Paulinho right now of all moments?

I hope he costs the board's and Robert's jobs if he is signed. I really do.

Last edited:
People saying that Valverde wants him :lol:
I'm sure from all the leagues out there, Valverde is watching the mighty Chinese league and he just couldn't pass on this gem.
Let's be serious guys, this is obviously some shady deal that has to do with Barto's personal interests.

Garrus

Can he be useful? How so? I did watch him with Evergrande including AFC final and nothing special about him. Zheng Zhi and Elkeson were better than him so he is not even the best on his own team.
[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] & co never actually watched him play but they blindly defend this purchase. Paulinho has no place in Barcelona and his situation will likely be similar to Douglas but an expensive one 40m+25m salaries= 65m. And again, we will be stuck with him and will fail to offload him because of his high wages and age.
Putting aside the absurd fee, The Absurd wages, And The fact we could've for the same money gotten a player with similar profile to him in europe and not in the chinese league.

Now talking about him purely as a player, He may not be an all around great footballer, But he has specific attributes he's quite good at, And i'm basing this on me watching him numerous times for the national time, And the 'Super league', Didn't watch him when he was with tottenham.

He's quite good at ball recovery, And specially tacking, It's what he's good at, Yes it is the "Super League" after all, But still it's the thing he shines above the rest of him teammates, And whoscored through stats confirmed this yesterday:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Paulinho: Has won possession in the middle third more times than any other player in the last two Chinese Super League campaigns (233) <a href="https://t.co/6Vjz5XzsT6">pic.twitter.com/6Vjz5XzsT6</a></p>— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) <a href="https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/896355604457017344">August 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Where he would he be useful?, In specific matches, Specially those away CL matches where it's important to tame down the opposition and thwart their offensive transition, The same way pep used to play seydou keita for the same purpose in away matches.
While our players are technically gifted and amazing, Physically they're wusses with the exception of mascherano, And it's just the truth. Let's be honest, That 4-0 against PSG is just a good illustration that they don't even understand the concept of a tackle or a technical foul to stop an attack, It was a 90 minutes disaster of our players just watching PSG players run and bounce the ball between each other, And not even bothering to slide their legs a bit, That terrible first half against juventus is another examples of that, Ball watching for 45 minutes and letting the likes of paulo dybala shoot without any resistance.
So he'll be useful in matches requiring great ball recovery and more "dirty" play, Usually outside of our stadium.

The usefulness he'll provide, Is at the very, Very most, Worth no more than 15m, But he's not the terrible people make him out to be, It's the deal itself that is terrible.

Last edited:

Interlop

Those stats are inflated cause he plays in CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE. That's basically secunda (or even worse) level right there with 2,3 stars sprinkled in some teams. You can't expect him to play on the same levels against Real Madrid or Bayern as hes playing against Chinese farmers. Case closed.

Home of Barca Fans