Paulinho

Givenchy

You'd rather have Rakitic receiving the ball then passing it back to Pique who slides a great through ball forwards to Samedo , he lays it off to Rakitic and goes forward for the return pass but Rakitic again passes it backwards to Mascherano .... we were 5:1 up at this point ....

I'd have rather given Gomes the chance to rebuild his name and confidence ..

perfect description :lol:

He just did. It's an undeniable fact against your personal opinion/perception.

He didn't. He was much more likely to stay in retirement leagues his whole career than be bought by us or any other top team (who were all laughing at us for this signing btw). And let's not get ahead of ourselves, his club career hasn't really revived yet. If it is, it'll be because of us, not China.

Last edited:

mark1nhu

He didn't. He was much more likely to stay in retirement leagues his whole career than be bought by us or any other top team (who were all laughing at us for this signing btw). And let's not get ahead of ourselves, his club career hasn't really revived yet. If it is, it'll be because of us, not China.

See? You're still talking about what was "likely to happen" instead of talking about what "actually happened". Again: your personal perception against an undeniable fact. He achieved exactly the opposite of what you think "should be the norm".

Being a starter of Brazil NT few months before a WC while being signed for Barcelona is the definition of "reviving the career", after being considered a flop on a small club like Tottenham.

So yeah, he fucking did.

Windhook

Still too early in the season to jump in to definitive conclusions such as "reviving career". We are yet to see him against tougher opponents, the away game against Atletico next month. I'm happy that he's been performing above all expectations and basically he is doing what Rakitic did in his first season at Barcelona. Another good point is the chemistry between Paulinho and Messi.

Neeraj

I must admit, he was pretty amazing this game. True, we didn't see much in the first half. But he's not going to control play, we know that. It's his surging runs forward that we really miss. We haven't had that since Toure.

His lung bursting run from the Barca half to the opposition box right at the end of the game; we don't have too many midfielders who could do that (barring Bob). You can see his confidence grew tremendously in the second half, and he was pulling out the slick passes and dummy's.

I am very excited about what I saw today, even though it's against Eibar at home. 50% of the league is playing against teams in the second half of the table, so if that's the only place he shines, I'm okay with it. He will have a definite role there, along with being an X factor in the big games.

See? You're still talking about what was "likely to happen" instead of talking about what "actually happened". Again: your personal perception against an undeniable fact. He achieved exactly the opposite of what you think "should be the norm".

Being a starter of Brazil NT few months before a WC while being signed for Barcelona is the definition of "reviving the career", after being considered a flop on a small club like Tottenham.

So yeah, he fucking did.

No he didnt. Not yet. Far too early to say that. Maybe he will have revived it after a season. With us. Not in china.

We gave him a chance to revive his career. So far, he's taking it.

raki

He was too expensive and i would rather have Nzonzi. I defended that this squad always need a player like him: Yaya, Keita and now him.

This being told he´s the example of what Gomes is not. Mental toughness.

JamDav1982

No he didnt. Not yet. Far too early to say that. Maybe he will have revived it after a season. With us. Not in china.

We gave him a chance to revive his career. So far, he's taking it.

He got that chance on back of going to China and his club/intl career since then.

It worked for him going to China. Can deny that all you like but it is a fact.

Went to China revived his club career and moved to Barca and became national team capt. Couldnt have gone any better for him regardless of what happens at Barca.

Last edited:

Zuti

Even if he continues to shine only against weaker oppositions, I'm fine with it, it's games against weaker oppositions that cost us the league title last season, if he keeps helping us to win games like the one against Getafe, he is already doing more than most of us expected.

Gaudi

To early to jump on a hype train but he does add power, mobility and the best of all - movement! He attacks from the deep, makes runs to the box - something no other midfielder of ours does. We need to see how is he against bigger teams when we need control as well.

Home of Barca Fans