Lucas Lima

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zubi or Puyol didn't necessarily sign off on the Douglas transfer.

Zubi didn't have anything to do with the Neymar signing as Rosell and Bartomeu took care of it along with Andre Cury. Zubi and Puyol were the decision makers most of the time, however they never signed on any contract, payment details, whatever document needed to finalize the agreement. That's not the Sporting Director or negotiatior like Raul Sanllehi's role.

God Serena

Yeah, so, that's an... odd analogy, to say the least.

How so? I was trying to think of all the players who found themselves a bench spot due to being incredibly outclassed by the rest of the squad and La Liga in general and the first names to come to mind (Vidal, Douglas, Montoya, etc.) were all RBs. An argument could be made for players of other various positions deserving that type of treatment but that's only actually been given to RBs for some reason.

JamDav1982

If we really sell Arda for 25M why not invest in a young talent? Why to increase the roster on below average players? Selling arda for 25M will be a good business but buying this guy is a bad decision. If his salary is very low and Neymar sr didn't milk us that much then it probably won't impact us that much. We can turn a blind eye. Who is going to sign Arda for 25M anyway? Especially after all the recent controversies.

What young talent you going to pick up for free?

Guessing IF this type of transfer is to happen as much as anything it is to try and free up funds to improve other areas without weakening midfield back up.

DonAK

Only worry about this is the midfield becoming too cramped where it ends up with someone like Alena not getting any meaningful minutes because we have too many midfielders who might not even perform.

Hope Valverde is better than Lucho in that regard. Don't play your favourites for the sake of it.

Icarium

Lifestealer
My take on the Douglas deal is that they took a punt on a player from Neymars fathers agency to try and make the Ney transfer deal and payments for scouting etc legit. Just me putting two and two together and could be shit.

Either Zubi and Puyol were stupid or corrupt if they were on the sporting side when Douglas signed. Not sure what you mean by how much say they had. That isnt really relevant.

Huh? I am saying zubi or puyol might not have made decision to sign him. Maybe they were against it too. But the board ultimately decides who to be signed. They don't have to corrupt or stupid.

God Serena

The Puyol and Zubi combo may not be corrupt but they were stupid. I don't know if Puyol was involved at the time but the Vermaelen transfer is the epitome of stupidity. Just based on that alone it's not too much of a stretch to imagine it possible for them to be stupid in other signings.

DonAK

Contrary to popular belief, Zubi or Robert actually need the board members' approval for a signing they make, whether it's the coach or players. 90% of the time they get it through, but sometimes they might get overruled.

When we signed ter Stegen, there were board members trying to recruit Courtois instead, but Zubi eventually got it approved due to Bartomeu.

JamDav1982

Huh? I am saying zubi or puyol might not have made decision to sign him. Maybe they were against it too. But the board ultimately decides who to be signed. They don't have to corrupt or stupid.

Whether they made the decision to sign him or not they either have to be stupid or corrupt to be on the sporting side of the club and not know about the 'shady deal'. Makes no difference.

If they were against it and knew it was corrupt have to assume they are still keeping quiet about it. Dont believe they would.

They do have to be corrupt or stupid and Zubi spoke about the transfer and all the scouting reports etc anyway.

serghei

Only worry about this is the midfield becoming too cramped where it ends up with someone like Alena not getting any meaningful minutes because we have too many midfielders who might not even perform.

Hope Valverde is better than Lucho in that regard. Don't play your favourites for the sake of it.

If Alena is good enough he will play in front of these players. Busquets dispatched prime Yaya Toure. If Alena is half as good he will be able to play in front of Lucas Lima. But if he plays like shit, we have Lime who could do a better job off the bench.

JamDav1982

Contrary to popular belief, Zubi or Robert actually need the board members' approval for a signing they make, whether it's the coach or players. 90% of the time they get it through, but sometimes they might get overruled.

When we signed ter Stegen, there were board members trying to recruit Courtois instead, but Zubi eventually got it approved due to Bartomeu.

I dont think anyone would think Zubi or Robert has full sign off on transfers. For one they dont get to decide the budget or if value.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If Alena is good enough he will play in front of these players. Busquets dispatched prime Yaya Toure. If Alena is half as good he will be able to play in front of Lucas Lima. But if he plays like shit, we have Lime who could do a better job off the bench.

Lime :D i like it. Just a joke. Don't take it serious.

Forget Alena i would like Rafinha and Denis get those chances instead of lima. Hell even Gomes.

DonAK

If Alena is good enough he will play in front of these players. Busquts dispatched prime Yaya Toure. If Alena is half as good he will be able to play in front of Lucas Lima. But if he plays like shit, we have Lime who could do a better job off the bench.

Hope so. With Lucho that might not have been the case. Didn't give Grimaldo a single minute ahead of an Adriano who couldn't do much right anymore.

Midfield will again be loaded btw.

Rakitic, Iniesta, Roberto, Busquets, Gomes, Denis, Lima, New MF signing.

Someone's gonna get shafted and unless Gomes is going to be an integral piece of the puzzle, rejecting that potential 35m offer for him isn't the best move. That's what people might not even think about instead of ridiculing everyone who think it's best to let him leave and invest that money elsewhere or free up wages.

JamDav1982

Alena?

You probably disagree with the thought of using a La Masia player over a "Proven" player with experience like this legend, though. :lol:

Your just speaking shite as usual it seems.

Alena if good enough will get chances regardless as it is a weak bunch to get in front of.

Home of Barca Fans