xXKonan

ismaila-sarr-metz-nantes_1k6dofzkxmsb31lnucnlzdjol5.jpg

Full name: Ismaïla Sarr

Date of birth: Saint-Louis, Senegal

Place of birth: February 25,1998

Height: 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)

Playing position: Winger

Current Club: FC Metz

Born in Saint-Louis, Senegal, Sarr started his football career with Senegalese football club Génération Foot. and on July 13,2016 he signed his first professional contract with FC Metz for five years and has become a regular for the french side ever since.

According to Gerard Romero, we reactivated contacts for the young Winger, and it isn't the first time we have been linked with him either. Back in January, MD published article saying we have been following the young winger for quite sometime and it seems now we consider him a strong option for this summer.

xXKonan

Is he that good, didn't see him play..
Well here's a montage of him.

Going by the video he doesn't have the crazy talent guys like Dembele and Mbappe, have but he could turn out decent. Considering he's 19 years old he can improve down the road. I need to see more videos and games of him though to get more opinions on him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine we sign him, and then don't sign Dembele next year while Madrid snap him up along with Mbappe :messi:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I do want us to sign a winger but maybe it would be wiser to give Vidal a chance after he looked great there for Sevilla and us at that short period before injury.

xXKonan

I do want us to sign a winger but maybe it would be wiser to give Vidal a chance after he looked great there for Sevilla and us at that short period before injury.
Going by the rumors of us looking at Dembele,Douglas Costa,Mahrez, and Deulo and now Sarr, it seems like we are getting a bigger picture on what Valverde wants. and that's a Right winger in a possible 4-2-3-1? or a double Pivot in a 4-3-3, with Messi moving into the Middle while we get a RW.

Wouldn't surprise me if Valverde will only see Vidal as a RB option instead of a RW. But I do agree that we should give Vidal a chance at the RW Spot. and I wouldn't be surprised either if Valverde wants his own Inaki Williams for Barca. Someone who's young and talented on the RW like Inaki was for him at Bilbao, although Williams can also play as a CF as well.

Last edited:

Messi983

Did anyone here watch him regularly to say more about him?

Newcastle had a 12m bid rejected. So I guess around 20m.

Don't really know much about Sarr but if we could get him for around 15-20M I'd rather gamble on a player like him than pay twice as much for Douglas Costa or Mahrez (they are probably both just BS rumours though). Maybe he'll turn out good and we won't need to spent 80M on Dembele and if not we can always sell him. Anyway, those are the type of low risk/high reward signings I can get behind. Maybe we'll strike gold like we did with Umtiti again.

DonAK

Did anyone here watch him regularly to say more about him?

Don't really know much about Sarr but if we could get him for around 15-20M I'd rather gamble on a player like him than pay twice as much for Douglas Costa or Mahrez (they are probably both just BS rumours though). Maybe he'll turn out good and we won't need to spent 80M on Dembele and if not we can always sell him. Anyway, those are the type of low risk/high reward signings I can get behind. Maybe we'll strike gold like we did with Umtiti again.

I see where you're coming from, but unless he turns out to be as big of a talent as Dembele, I'd still pay 60-70m for Dembele in 1-2 years.

He might be the biggest talent in World Football today with Mbappe and Gabriel Jesus and you should pay that kind of money for a player like that. We hesitated paying money for other great talents like Isco and Asensio, so I'd definitely not want to miss out again just because Sarr turns out decent and cost far less.

Some players' talent just puts them on a much higher level than others.

Barca have paid as much money on players the last 7 years as Real Madrid, but they've certainly signed the better younger players, and that should not happen again.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He might be the biggest talent in World Football today with Mbappe and Gabriel Jesus and you should pay that kind of money for a player like that. We hesitated paying money for other great talents like Isco and Asensio, so I'd definitely not want to miss out again just because Sarr turns out decent and cost far less.

I hate to be picking up on certain point on a post I generally agree with.
We didn't hesitate with Isco, we had no money after we signed Neymar. And I would argue that Neymar is the type of talent you don't hesitate to spend on,not Isco
As for Asensio,he was more like Sarr than Dembele,unknown talent that would come for cheap and we hesitated.
I don't know what type of talent Sarr is,he could be the next great thing and in such case we shouldn't hesitate to get him or the next bust that we shouldn't wase money and space in our team for.
In other words,he could be next Halilovic or Asensio. We need to be able to judge talent more than anything with such case

DonAK

I hate to be picking up on certain point on a post I generally agree with.
We didn't hesitate with Isco, we had no money after we signed Neymar. And I would argue that Neymar is the type of talent you don't hesitate to spend on,not Isco
As for Asensio,he was more like Sarr than Dembele,unknown talent that would come for cheap and we hesitated.
I don't know what type of talent Sarr is,he could be the next great thing and in such case we shouldn't hesitate to get him or the next bust that we shouldn't wase money and space in our team for.
In other words,he could be next Halilovic or Asensio. We need to be able to judge talent more than anything with such case

Like we did last season, we could have used up a part of next year's budget on Isco.

Asensio was touted as the biggest attacking talent in Spain, or one of the top 3 like Dembele when he moved from Rennes to BVB.

Even if Sarr turns out good, the club should not hesitate on signing Dembele and lose him out to a rival once again, and regret it later once again.

Messi983

I see where you're coming from, but unless he turns out to be as big of a talent as Dembele, I'd still pay 60-70m for Dembele in 1-2 years.

Some players' talent just puts them on a much higher level than others.

Barca have paid as much money on players the last 7 years as Real Madrid, but they've certainly signed the better younger players, and that should not happen again.

Of course we could still buy Dembele but if Sarr would become our starter and show great potential then we wouldn't NEED to invest heavily anymore in a winger unless we would decide to sell Neymar. In that case we could use that "Dembele money" to look for a longterm Suarez replacement and maybe buy someone like Dybala instead.

I'm not against buying Dembele, in fact I'd love to have him here. I was just saying that in case we can't get Dembele this summer (which is unlikely) I'd prefer buying a player like Sarr (over known players like Douglas Costa or Mahrez) and try to make him our Dembele. I don't know if Sarr has what it takes to succeed here and if his potential is anywhere close to Dembele's, I just use him as an example that we should look to sign potential next stars (and if not that at least good squad players that we also need) from smaller clubs for a cheap before they are already in bigger clubs.

All that said, it's very possible we won't even seriously consider Sarr, let alone make a bid for him. Not saying that we are not interested and that rumours about him are untrue but he could be just one of many players we have positive scouting reports on that we later never seriously pursued.

Barcilliant

Dembele would be ideal but I'd gamble on Sarr. Helsinki Martin's is pretty damn good too. Portugal and France are producing 😁 alot of talent.

xXKonan

[tw]887062479691554817[/tw]

Says we reactivated our interest in Sarr.

[tw]887062745786580993[/tw]

Looks like he could be an option for the B team with chances with the first team.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans