Jon Aspiazu

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Jon Aspiazu is new assistant coach under Ernesto Valverde.

He worked with Valverde for 15 years, since they at Athletic Bilbao B team.

MD_20110815_MAS_DEPORTE_D_54199902533-652x492@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

Will he be hands on like :unzue: Will he use the magic tablet? :geek:

Apparently, Jon Aspiazu usually watches the first half of games from the presidential box and the second half from the bench.
During half time he discusses ideas with Valverde. :study:

According to Sport, Aspiazu forte is analyzing the game. “He has a huge capacity to read games,” explained Angel Pereda, chief of sports at El Correo in Bilbao. “He breaks them down better than anyone and when you speak with him about any game, you find that he sees things that everybody else misses.”

Aspiazu loves football, someone who knows how to get every detail even from games which are dry or unimportant.
Beyond that, he has become the perfect compliment to Valverde for his connection with the players. He knows how to treat the dressing room, and is considered to be friendly, close and very polite. At Lezama they speak wonders of his character, as someone a little more extroverted and impulsive than Valverde. Valverde relies on him a lot to deal with the players. Communication is another one of his strong points.

Messi983

Apparently, Jon Aspiazu usually watches the first half of games from the presidential box and the second half from the bench.
During half time he discusses ideas with Valverde. :study:

Interesting. I know teams sometimes send one of their staff members to watch the game from upstairs and communicate with the bench but that's the first time I've seen that tactics used.

Also, from that article it seems like he's a "good cap". So Valverde is the bad one? It doesn't seem like that to me. Or does he have another assistant that does a dirty work and "fight" with the players when necessary?

Home of Barca Fans