Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ernesto Valverde is the new FC Barcelona coach

Ernesto Valverde is the new FC Barcelona coach

Ernesto Valverde is the new FC Barcelona coach for the next twoiseasons. The 53 year old former Barça player was previously Athletic Club Bilbao coach and he will take over for the 2017/18 season.
    This will be Ernesto Valverde’s second spell at the Club, his first coming as a player between 1988 and 1990. The new Barça coach won the European Cup Winners’ Cup and the Copa del Rey in his two seasons as part of Johan Cruyff’s squad, playing 29 games and scoring 10 goals in official competition.
    As a coach Valverde has a wealth of experience in Spain and abroad. He has had two spells as coach at both Athletic Club Bilbao and Greek team Olympicacos as well as having coached at Espanyol, Villarreal and Valencia. In his career he has helped his teams to no less than six trophies, five with Olympiacos and one with Athletic Club.
    Last edited by amircule; 29th May 2017 at 05:42 PM.

#SayNoToRacism

Best of luck!

Best of luck!

Good luck Ernesto!
    The official Barcaforum 2016/17 MotM thread

"At Barcelona, you’ll hear about this kid on the youth team. He wears number 10 like you. He’s small like you. He plays with the ball like you.[...]His name is Leo Messi.[...]I want you to give him one piece of advice.

Tell him, “Play with happiness. Play free. Just play with the ball.”

Even when you are gone, the free style will live on in Barcelona through Messi."

Ronaldinho Gaucho,to his 8 year old self

I think this is not a good choice. We will see if I was right at the end of the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think this is not a good choice. We will see if I was right at the end of the next season.
    Out of curiosity, why do you believe that?

SiempreBlaugrana
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you believe that?
    He's not bald or angry enough.

Suarez, Neymar, Messi. SNM. Show No Mercy.

Good motherfucking luck, Valverde!

P.S. - time for a Valverde emoji/smiley.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    He's not bald or angry enough.
    The baldness is just matter of time, he will get there. Calmness might be a problem: Pep and Lucho were possessed by dark spirits and Velverde is mellow like Tata. I hope he doesn't end up like Tata.

Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    Good motherfucking luck, Valverde!

P.S. - time for a Valverde emoji/smiley.
    We had someone who used to make emoji/smiley, but that user left the forum unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    We had someone who used to make emoji/smiley, but that user left the forum unfortunately.
    Well, I'm good using Photoshop and 3D graphics softwares, I can do this job definitely. Perhaps you mean the guy, who left the forum, had access to uploading smileys? Or?

Hugely underwhelming. Manager with little success, appointed because he was the easy choice with a link to the club. Doesn't sit well with me. Good luck to him though, would love to eat my words.

SiempreBlaugrana
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaVillain View Post
    Hugely underwhelming. Manager with little success, appointed because he was the easy choice with a link to the club. Doesn't sit well with me. Good luck to him though, would love to eat my words.
    Considering the teams he's managed, the success he's had is more than Pep or Lucho ever had when they joined.

Suarez, Neymar, Messi. SNM. Show No Mercy.

I like it is a 2+1 contract,I hate those 2 years contract where once a manager have success we have to negotiate extension next summer and he forces the player he wants,and if he fails it is still easy to fire him

I expect Barca to play with more focus on the defence. It's basically what's Real Madrid's been doing in the last 4 seasons since Ancelotti, I mean counter attacks without dominating ball possesion.

I remember well the second leg of CL 1/2 finals against Bayern Munich in 2014/15. Of course, we had 3-0 advantage, but what I'm saying is we were clinical on the counter attacks against a two or three men defence.