Ernesto Valverde is the new FC Barcelona coach

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm good using Photoshop and 3D graphics softwares, I can do this job definitely. Perhaps you mean the guy, who left the forum, had access to uploading smileys? Or?

Niiice. We could use your expertise for smileys of Valverde and new signings? Btw. we could use Marlon also.

Windhook

Niiice. We could use your expertise for smileys of Valverde and new signings? Btw. we could use Marlon also.

Ok then. PM me for details, no more off-topics here. :D

This message will self-destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... no, not really.

LMessi85

I expect Barca to play with more focus on the defence. It's basically what's Real Madrid's been doing in the last 4 seasons since Ancelotti, I mean counter attacks without dominating ball possesion.

Yeah. He used a more defensive tactic with bilbao (4-2-3-1) which might be a good idea for us. We can still use our backs to go forward and have one of the 2 CDMs to go forward. Valverde used to play in Cruyff's team and was looked upon as a coach with great talents by cruyff. We'll see......

GetIn

Good work, but needs proportional resizing. Use this thread for suggestions

Edited the first one.

Znny9eM.png

Anti-Pepe

Doesn't mater who the manager is. Give Messi a decent midfield.

I assume understatement was the aim of this post, but at the expense of sounding obvious we should demand a sensational midfield in small recompense for the tedium suffered in watching Barça for the last two seasons.

Valverde is the safe, malleable choice for an under-fire Bartomeu. A quiet, decent man who avoids controversy and prefers photography to the "third half" of football. He will easily accede to the wishes of the board.

I wish him well and extend to him the benefit of any doubt. For now.

GetIn

Messi is the midfield now.

Yes Messi is already the central midfield, the attacking midfield, the winger, and the striker, next thing you know he will be asked to cover the centre backs, full backs and the goalkeeper too!

But seriously Messi getting closer to the attacking third should be our goal here.

BarcaVillain

Considering the teams he's managed, the success he's had is more than Pep or Lucho ever had when they joined.

Pep, yes, he was out of the blue. As for LE I'm not so sure. Winning a few titles in Greece for a team that could win it without a manager doesn't earn a huge amount of credit. With the players Bilbao have I'd have expected them to do better. It's just an unimaginative appointment that has no experience at the top end of European football.

Altomonte

it will be interesting to see what he will do with La Masia prospects. What will be his view on selling and buying new players, will he have any influence?

El Flaco

Does anyone know where the video of the full press conference from Monday can be watched?

I tried to search for it at YT, but to no avail unfortunaly...

Home of Barca Fans