Barca wins Copa del Rey!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Leo Messi inspired Barcelona to win Copa del Rey as they beat Alaves by a 3-1 score. This makes Barca Copa champions for the 3rd time in a row.

40DE4EE400000578-0-image-m-26_1495920135449.jpg

Barca made sure to end this season on a high note as Luis Enrique is now set to leave the club. Many reports say that Ernesto Valverde is the favorite to replace him as we should know more by early next week.

Going back to this game, Barcelona had opened the score with Messi but Theo Hernandez tied it up moments later. The game was pretty even up until Neymar's goal. Paco Alcacer scored Barcelona's third as they defender their lead in the second half of the game.

:botibotiboti:

GetIn

Nice, but the entire final lacked intensity and atmosphere, felt like another league match. It was a forgone conclusion because of the weak opponent.

ejuventus

29th title ..... unbelievable

it seems a Cup that really fits with Barça spirit

in general, I really enjoy national cups
Not at the same level of league titles, but they're something by any meaning

Last edited:

Neeraj

29th title ..... unbelievable

it seems a Cup that really fits with Barça spirit

in general, I really enjoy national cups
Not at the same level of league titles, but they're something by any meaning

I don't enjoy them so much. Most people only tend to value it if it completes the set of a treble or at least a domestic double; by itself it really doesn't excite the fans as much.

For me, that's partly due to the format; 2 game ties are ridiculous. The whole point of a cup is a knockout style tournament where anything is possible and you've got to show up each game day and make it through. The 2 legged ties make this competition like a mini league, with the usual big clubs winning and reaching the latter stages..

Home of Barca Fans