Matthijs de Ligt

Givenchy

release clause says it all really. 3 years time Raiola will be moving him again but hopefully we stay clear; #teamTodibo

George_Costanza

I think he rejected PSG because of no release clause in France. His signing with Juve in a matter of hours.

He will come to Barca in two years time when Pique retires and we have a better manager.

abbbs97

Yep. I think he wants to come to Barca after Pique retires so after 2-3 years. 150m release clause isnt that much in todays market if he turns out to be a VVD-type of defender.

abbbs97

If he does turn out to be a really good and world class defender and he really wants to come to Barca, I think we will.
Of course, by that time, I think we'll have a new management that will maybe have a completely different approach to these type of signings so maybe we wont.

FCBfan22

Well, there goes another one, while our board is supposedly chasing NeyNey only to be burned by PSG the third time in 4 years.

:facepalm:

xXKonan

I don't think we will come back for him if Todibo ends up doing good or another young CB we bring in becomes a worthy replacement of Pique.

I still think that this may be one and done. We showed our interest but in the end, he went to Juve and that's that.

Campos

main-qimg-98b2f2afdaa8f8473ca7c68ef079c829

Too bad, he made the wrong choice.

Tackle

I wouldn't blow 150m on him even if his development goes perfectly at Juventus and that is no guarantee by any stretch of the imagination. The board won't either.

De Ligt made his bed, now he can lie in it. PSG or United await him in a few years if he hasn't faded into obscurity with the hype dying down at that point.

Arizona Scott

I think he rejected PSG because of no release clause in France. His signing with Juve in a matter of hours.

I am curious if in Ligue 1/PSG they can offer player options to give the player more insurance and flexibility. In football I hear more often clubs exercising options (United extended a year for Rashford that was their call I think). However I think Alves had one at Barca and gave up a year he could have had to leave.

League rules for no buyout clauses are really short sighted. Let clubs use them if they want. In La Liga, Real effectively doesn't do them--write in buyouts of a billion dollars so it is effectively worthless, but others do like Barca and Atletico.

George_Costanza

I dont see any club in the near future blowing 150ME on a centreback. Even in this crazy market.

150m is a pretty cheap release clause for such transfer. FDJ has a release clause of 400m in comparison. No one will pay 150m but it's a starting point when negotiating. He will develop better under Sarri and will be ready to come to Barcelona in 2-3 years time.

Newcomer

I am curious if in Ligue 1/PSG they can offer player options to give the player more insurance and flexibility. In football I hear more often clubs exercising options (United extended a year for Rashford that was their call I think). However I think Alves had one at Barca and gave up a year he could have had to leave.

League rules for no buyout clauses are really short sighted. Let clubs use them if they want. In La Liga, Real effectively doesn't do them--write in buyouts of a billion dollars so it is effectively worthless, but others do like Barca and Atletico.
Release clauses are mandatory in spanish law. It is not a specificity of football.
It doesn't exist in France and is strictly illegal according to the french football rules. A club could theorically risk a sanction if such a clause is discovered.

I read somewhere that the fact they could put that clause on his contract has given the final edge to Juve. Good job from them securing the transfer. Imo, it is not too bad for PSG because if he is adamant to put a clause, it means he doesn't expect to stay long term. PSG always sign that kind of players to keep them.
Still, 150 M is quite high for a defender and i see no one paying that. So he could well do his whole contract there. And Juventus is sending signals they are pushing for CL with those big signings.

Home of Barca Fans