Matthijs de Ligt

Barcilliant

What is the fucking use of getting Todibo if we are not even giving him a sniff of a chance. It would be a pretty shitty move if we loan or sell him. The guy goes to war with his club only to be treated as some bargaining chip. This send the wrong message to young players with potential. They will just reject us and look for a club where they will get minutes.

At 19 De Ligt has the physique of a 35 year old. Too slow and heavy imo. I would give Todibo some sort of opportunity before we loan or sell.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Not too keen on de Ligt myself. Think RM got quite the deal with Militao. That’s the kinda pace we need at the back, and they even had Varane already. We are really far behind in that area and it shows in so many of our games.

Barcilliant

Not too keen on de Ligt myself. Think RM got quite the deal with Militao. That’s the kinda pace we need at the back, and they even had Varane already. We are really far behind in that area and it shows in so many of our games.

Yep. I prefer a more dynamic cb with pace. I think we're going a little crazy with ball playing CBS. We already have Pique and Lenglet.

Ajax

Ajax will never accept a buyback deal. (99% of the time these deals are bs rumors anyway)

Had a poor performance yesterday but wasnt superbad.i would rate him 5/10 yesterday. 1st goal could happen. 3th was somewhat worrying as he positioned himself wrong.

Have to say that Sané is brilliant. Joy to watch him play

Sorin

VVD was just as poor at times yesterday and people consider him the next coming of Jesus Christ.

The whole defensive organization was very bad for the dutch team yesterday, especially in the first half. Yes, De Ligt had an average game but to single him out when the whole defense, hell, the whole team, shat the bed is wrong.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

This, people keep saying he has "barca DNA" but I am starting to wonder what is Barca DNA for Barca CB.
For me it is the ability to play on highline defense and ability to play on ball. He is heavy and clearly struggling more in high line, and no, it isn't just one game as this has been pointed out since October.
For me De Ligt will play his best at teams like Atletico or Juve to replace a CB with leadership and great spirit like Godin or Chiellini. The only starting CB I've seen in Barca that was slower is Pique and Pique was a generational talent who was very tall and smart. And even then Pique was most ridiculed defender when he wasn't in form because he couldn't survive then without speed.

Sorin

This, people keep saying he has "barca DNA" but I am starting to wonder what is Barca DNA for Barca CB.
For me it is the ability to play on highline defense and ability to play on ball. He is heavy and clearly struggling more in high line, and no, it isn't just one game as this has been pointed out since October.
For me De Ligt will play his best at teams like Atletico or Juve to replace a CB with leadership and great spirit like Godin or Chiellini. The only starting CB I've seen in Barca that was slower is Pique and Pique was a generational talent who was very tall and smart. And even then Pique was most ridiculed defender when he wasn't in form because he couldn't survive then without speed.

Well, let's hope you are wrong then, which shouldn't be out of the question.

MTL_Barca

VVD was just as poor at times yesterday and people consider him the next coming of Jesus Christ.

The whole defensive organization was very bad for the dutch team yesterday, especially in the first half. Yes, De Ligt had an average game but to single him out when the whole defense, hell, the whole team, shat the bed is wrong.

Right, 1st half De Ligt and VVD were 1:1 vs Gnabry and Sané. 2nd half Promes played more defensive covering the left side, freeing up Blind to help in the center. Basically what is the best way to counter that attacking formation. Besides from higher intensity of the whole team. Shows what a different small things can make sometimes.

Not De Ligts best game for sure but it's aleays hard to defend vs these winger/striker type players if they have space so not that bad. 1st goal can happen to anyone, at the 3rd he didn't look good but can't always avoid mistakes after all.

Moe