Matthijs de Ligt

Zidane82

Jury still out on this guy imo.

Na .. he’s just 19 and he was up against Sane one of the best wide players in Europe and possibly the fastest .. he let him have one chance due to that unfortunate slip ..

He’s got Barca DNA ..

Didn’t he also captain Ajax at 17 in a European Final ?

BBZ8800

Slipped for the first goal.
Ventured out of position for no reason for the 3rd goal and the goal has been scored from a position where he was supposed to be.

Shares the biggest blame together with Blind for that goal.

A huge talent and personality.
But it will take years and lots of lost points for Barca due to his learning mistakes until he will eventually reach his expected level.

In this moment, way, way behind Lenglet.

Andresito

Staff member
He's probably the best 19 year old CB in a long long time.

The top CB's today weren't near his level and maturity at age 19/20. Maybe Ramos comes close, he was a regular at Madrid, although he was a RB back then.

Campos

Slipped for the first goal.
Ventured out of position for no reason for the 3rd goal and the goal has been scored from a position where he was supposed to be.

Shares the biggest blame together with Blind for that goal.

A huge talent and personality.
But it will take years and lots of lost points for Barca due to his learning mistakes until he will eventually reach his expected level.

In this moment, way, way behind Lenglet.

Just because of 1 game ?

Every player has bad games. Messi has bad games. Pele had bad games. Penaldo has bad games.

So why can't De Ligt have a bad game once in a while ?

Have you seen v Dijk against Fullham last week ? Huge mistake which led to a goal. The second German goal today was also his fault.
Shit just happens sometimes!

P.S.
Ramos is 32 and he still making stupid mistakes lol. So age isn't always a factor. Football players are human, and human make mistakes. Sometimes people seem to forget that.
De Ligt is 19. He has played 4 games in 10 days. Maybe he just need a bit rest.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I heard that he had a disastrous performance today, directly responsible for the first and third German goal, is that true?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
867265b518a387e879f3e7e4ed1e3ba94da968aa.jpg

Sport says Todibo might be part of the deal to get De Ligt.

If so, it needs to be a loan or a transfer with a buy-back option.

FC433

^
Absolutely. Todibo is very very very talented and he has a unique physique that is not easy to find. Would be a huge mistake to include him without having a chance of getting him back.

I do think MDL is a very good player, but he is a bit heavy. Fast players would not really struggle much against him. We need to be careful.

khaled_a_d

Why would Todibo accept that? He had to go on war with his club to move to the club he wants, he turned other big clubs that wanted him and moved to Barca. Why he would move to Eredivisie after all of that?

Givenchy

Why would Todibo accept that? He had to go on war with his club to move to the club he wants, he turned other big clubs that wanted him and moved to Barca. Why he would move to Eredivisie after all of that?

I'd loan him but even then i'd prefer loaning to a la liga team over Eredivisie. like you say about him going to war with his club, it would be a really shitty move from Barca to pass him off at the first chance BUT with EV in charge i don't think he'll get much of a chance here - you either have to be a player Ernie wants or cost a shit load of money

El Gato

Villarato!
Fitting de Ligt in without moving Todibo on is basically impossible assuming Pique is going to run down his deal with the club. Having 4 good to great CBs can disrupt the balance a fair bit. MDL deal makes little sense now whichever scenario you paint, unless you convert to 3-4-3 setup and sacrifice a CM temporarily.

Just ship Todibo with buyback. Good bargaining chip and could be back with the club as soon as 2022 when he’ll be only 22 to fill in the 4th CB hole.

Last edited:

Porque

I'd loan him but even then i'd prefer loaning to a la liga team over Eredivisie. like you say about him going to war with his club, it would be a really shitty move from Barca to pass him off at the first chance BUT with EV in charge i don't think he'll get much of a chance here - you either have to be a player Ernie wants or cost a shit load of money

This. I do not think Todibo going to Ajax is a deal clincher given that De Ligt basically wants to come to Barcelona as priority. Ajax have shown they will develop good defenders (Davinson, de Ligt) when they are theirs. So there would have to be a full monetary benefit for them to take Todibo, which I am against.

Prefer him to go to LaLiga and struggle against the top attackers in the league at a lower team. Girona, Eibar or something. Someone who will need him, use him and appreciate having his talent on loan.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Todibo right now is so unproven we have no clue where he stands. He's not even being used as a CB by France's U20 team. Playing as a CDM for them.

Someone like Marlon was more proven than him and was touted to be the next Thiago Silva. That never panned out.

Home of Barca Fans