Matthijs de Ligt

cro-man

Zzzz I told you all fatty hates our club. We dodged a bullet or he would have demanded De Ligt moves in 2 years on a new contract every year.

'De Ligt to Barcelona reports were bullsh*t!' - Raiola blasts media as Dutch defender undergoes Juventus medical

I guess the talks didnt end well between us:lol: I only can imagine how our board did react when he asked for his high commision. There were many interested clubs so i am surprised he chosed juve even its not the worst decision but if city pool barca real and co. are knocking on the door and you choose juve instead especially their league it can only be because of money. If psg can attract players with more money than juve can also.

He is already covering why he chosed juve with ronaldo fan boy bullshit.

abbbs97

De Ligt had an agreement with juve since last summer according to some sources. They all verbally agreed on a deal since then. It has nothing to do with ronaldo convincing him to come as much as these ronaldo fan boys want to believe. He chose Juve primarily because they were the only ones willing to put in a release clause so he can leave the club in 2 yrs and he will be a starter right away over there. and because Raiola has good relations with them.

I agree, clemente, De Jong all the way. CBs like that you can find everywhere, probably not as talented as De Ligt but Barca are not known to depend on defenders. But with De Jong, I dont think we can find a midfielder as special as he is. So glad we got him because like I said before, if we didnt get him in January, a lot of other teams would be more interested in him than De Ligt was and I'm not sure it would've been easy to get him.

CatalinR10

De Ligt had an agreement with juve since last summer according to some sources. They all verbally agreed on a deal since then. It has nothing to do with ronaldo convincing him to come as much as these ronaldo fan boys want to believe. He chose Juve primarily because they were the only ones willing to put in a release clause so he can leave the club in 2 yrs and he will be a starter right away over there. and because Raiola has good relations with them.

Why does he think he can leave in 2 years with a 170mil clause ?

LOL.

abbbs97

Why does he think he can leave in 2 years with a 170mil clause ?

LOL.

I dont think it'll be 170m. It'll still be 150m because the 10m add ons each year will only happen after 2 years. I think he'll stay in Juve for half his contract and then go to another team for less than 150m before his contract expires. or maybe he'll just stay in Juve for all his career.
Anyway, I dont think we'll get him and I'm pretty sure Raiola will sell him to United in a few years.

Zidane82

I agree, clemente, De Jong all the way. CBs like that you can find everywhere, probably not as talented as De Ligt but Barca are not known to depend on defenders. But with De Jong, I dont think we can find a midfielder as special as he is. So glad we got him because like I said before, if we didnt get him in January, a lot of other teams would be more interested in him than De Ligt was and I'm not sure it would've been easy to get him.

So why was De Ligt so surprised when Cronaldo suggested that he joined him at Juve a couple of months ago ?

abbbs97

So why was De Ligt so surprised when Cronaldo suggested that he joined him at Juve a couple of months ago ?

of course he's going to act surprised. He's not going to say 'yes I'm going to Juve' back then. I really think that thats what Barto meant when he said I know where he's going to go about De Ligt. He probably knew that he had a verbal agreement with Juve and tried to convince him but couldn't. Raiola was trying to get a better deal with other clubs such as United, PSG, Barca but in the end, Juve agreed to pay the most. So, it has nothing to do with Ronaldo 'convincing' him to go there.

Campos

People are saying he has a bigger potential than De Jong? How? He has a captain mentallity at a young age, but he still is a center-back, which I think is a less technical role than what De Jong is, if I had to pick between those 2, I always pick De Jong.

You can't compare the 2. But ya. Matthijs is younger. He played an EL final when he was 17. He started as a midfielder like Pique. He's much more technically gifted thank you think. Frenkie debuted when he was 19 . He played 10 min in a cup game. 3 months before his 20th birthday he made his debut in a regular competition game. So he's a bit of a late bloomer. Even though early Frenkie at Jong Ajax (reserve team) when he played much more offensive, was already great. Ajax fans already saw it. Every one wanted him in the head squad. But former coach Peter Bozs didn't give him a real chance.

According to Peter Bozs Frenkie walks to much with the ball. But that's just his style of playing; Attracting players to make room for other players.

And why are midfielders more important than defenders ? Defenders are the backbone of every team.

People are saying that there are good talented CBs everywhere. But how many are exceptional talented like De Ligt ? I don't say Barto made a mistake.
But i think Griezmann + De Ligt or Neymar + De Ligt was a better option than Griezmann + Neymar.

You want to go all out for Neymar. Who cheated us like a little bitch. But not for De Ligt (who can be your captain for the next 10-15 years). I don't know....

And everybody is talking about giving Tobido a chance. But how good is he really? Nobody knows! He might flop and become a Segunda B player.

Last edited:

Zidane82

of course he's going to act surprised. He's not going to say 'yes I'm going to Juve' back then. I really think that thats what Barto meant when he said I know where he's going to go about De Ligt. He probably knew that he had a verbal agreement with Juve and tried to convince him but couldn't. Raiola was trying to get a better deal with other clubs such as United, PSG, Barca but in the end, Juve agreed to pay the most. So, it has nothing to do with Ronaldo 'convincing' him to go there.

Still think we will live to regret missing this lad ... West Ham have just signed some guy for £45 million / € 55 million — never heard of him yet we lose out on De Ligt for not that much more ..

Devils

D_oPm3iWsAAPzrc.jpg

19 years old and he has the physique of a goddamn spartan.

Meanwhile that pudgy dutchman is a stroopwafel away from obesity.

#TeamTodibo never loses.

We Move.

Home of Barca Fans