Matthijs de Ligt

Barcilliant

I always said De Ligt was overrated and I was right!! 😃

The guy has the turning radius of the Titanic and always has a potential brainfart in him. He's not very athletic and he can't respond quickly enough if he doesn't read the play in advance. He is a slightly better version of Lenglet.

VN10

I always said De Ligt was overrated and I was right!! 😃

The only thing this comment proves is how retardedly silly you are.

We could make a listen of hundreds of young players moving to a new country with a different language, culture and playstyle, who needed a couple months or even a whole season to adjust.

Andresito

Staff member
Career is over. He should go to China to milk the last bit of money he can get. Will end up at Bari for free when his Juve contract runs out.

Vilarrubi

The De Ligt fanboys in here are funny as fuck. Take everything so seriously and defend him to the death... just admit he’s had a shit start to his Juve career and doesn’t look half the player he did for Ajax currently. Life would be easier for you guys.

Zidane82

I'd say Van Dijk is the most responsible. It's just a cross in his area that you expect a player of his quality to clear. He should follow the ball, not the player. If he has his eyes on the ball first he can read its trajectory better and not go under it. This is zonal, not man to man, to only look at your opponent and not care about your zone except for that player.

Unless asked to specifically it's not De Jong's job to follow his man there. It's the CB area. They should command it.
Exactly..

Zidane82

Yeah it really should be dealt with better by VvD but he runs off FdJ to create the space and the defender who should cover is Blind. The co-commentator (on Sky anyway) lazily blames de Ligt (as VvD plays for Liverpool and was the best player in England last year,so it must have been somebody else's fault) and people just go with that. De Ligt is not in anyway responsible for the goal. He has struggled since going to Juve but he will recover and he, like FdJ, has the potential to be one of the best players in his position of his generation. Whether he reaches his full potential or not, time will tell. But some of the comments on here are just "she didn't dump me, I dumped her!"

How is it not partly ( at least) De Ligt’s fault ??

The ball was centre goal on the 6 yard line ... that’s the area covered by CBs surely ..

xxxxxx

I said before Juventus signed him that he had a lot of mistakes in him. Yeah, he's young and can improve.... but he's also so sloppy on the ball, and he also gets caught out of position an awful lot.

Havesaks

Still think we should have bought him as future starter and squad player. But I don't mind he choose Juventus who certainly will invest all possibly ressources to make him a success.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Still think we should have bought him as future starter and squad player. But I don't mind he choose Juventus who certainly will invest all possibly ressources to make him a success.

There's no question he will come good sooner than later, IMHO. He has quality & unparalleled mentality. I didn't like his choice & how the transfer pursuit went but he'll find a level soon that will remind the naysayers why so many were after him in the first place. I think the transition from the football at Ajax to Italian football will take time to adapt and will ultimately, in all likelihood, make him an even more complete player knowing how good he was before

Juan Shoe

How is it not partly ( at least) De Ligt’s fault ??

The ball was centre goal on the 6 yard line ... that’s the area covered by CBs surely ..

I'm assuming you've never played centre half at any level and if you did your centre half partner is currently still twitching in the corner of a very darkened room. In your world if Vidal misses a header from 6 yards is partially Suarez's fault as that's where he's supposed to be?

A defensive unit has to move both horizontally and vertically. Take names out the equation. The ball is played to the opposition left so the defence moves to the right as the RB goes to engage. The opposition wide player floats the ball over the top of the left sided CB and in between him and the LB. A player runs off the DM to score from the cross. The right sided CB stays on his position marking his man. The goal is not in anyway down to the right sided CB.

Barcilliant

Can someone please tell me what happened to the old fashioned blood and guts defenders like Puyol?

Nowadays we get all these nice, ball playing CBS but none with the drive and tenacity of a Puyol. The man had decent athleticism and was good in the air too.

Home of Barca Fans