Matthijs de Ligt

M

Medz

Plus I feel like him and his fat agent already made the relationship between him and Barça uneasy. Even if we signed him wtf is he gonna say? "Ive always wanted to play for Barça" when it is obvious that he moves where the money js

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
thats if the United offer is real in the first place or Raiola is manipulating the numbers. its a win-win situation for him either way

I feel the same btw and part of my excitement for him joining here was the idea he will be here the next decade but theres no chance of that happening. Frenkie is a different case. we could develop De Ligt for the next 2-3years only for Raiola to decide he needs another agents cut and it will be Neymar all over again

Even if Manchester United never offered the kind of crazy money that surfaced a couple of days ago, the likes of City and Juventus are well capable of offering more money than what we offered him and beat us to it. They just have to offer him more than what we did, I can totally see City doing that, plus promising playing time.

I have been on his hype train for a long time and I am one of his most ardent fans and advocates, wanting him to join us, I understand how important he could be for us in the next decade. But nobody is bigger than the club and we have to have principles in place so I am willing to part ways with him if he goes down that road.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
City are more likely to buy Maguire than de Ligt. Juve haven't been in the news at all in concerns to de Ligt, lately.

I still think this is all a ploy by Raiola to up the wages and money, and by Bartomeu to make it seem like he's the hero in all of this when the deal is officially done. Remember, Lorente is MD reporter, the board's mouthpiece. No other club has shown serious interest in de Ligt except us and United. And lets be real, does he really want to go from a UCL team to a Europa League team?

Unless they totally made it up both MD and Sport have long reportedly that Juventus and Bayern and possibly PSG were in the race getting him. Juventus for sure, they met with Ajax twice already trying to secure De Ligt. They might or might not have pulled out.

Givenchy

City are more likely to buy Maguire than de Ligt. Juve haven't been in the news at all in concerns to de Ligt, lately.

I still think this is all a ploy by Raiola to up the wages and money, and by Bartomeu to make it seem like he's the hero in all of this when the deal is officially done. Remember, Lorente is MD reporter, the board's mouthpiece. No other club has shown serious interest in de Ligt except us and United. And lets be real, does he really want to go from a UCL team to a Europa League team?

Ballague said Juve and Bayern were the other 2 teams interested a few days ago. Bayern a solid 3rd but Juve pretty close so who knows at this stage

abbbs97

Unless they totally made it up both MD and Sport have long reportedly that Juventus and Bayern and possibly PSG were in the race getting him. Juventus for sure, they met with Ajax twice already trying to secure De Ligt. They might or might not have pulled out.

Ballague said Juve and Bayern were the other 2 teams interested a few days ago. Bayern a solid 3rd but Juve pretty close so who knows at this stage

Juve met with Ajax way before us and they didnt come with an agreement. We met with Ajax in April and the deal was almost signed, as in the transfer fee was agreed upon, but then de Ligt's price rose after his performance vs Juve in the UCL so Raiola asked for more money so we delayed the deal until the end of the season for both teams. Now, more complications because Raiola wants more money.

I dont see Bayern paying 80m+ on a defender, when they already bought Lucas. I also dont see Juve affording his high wages.

clemente

United offering 14m/y apparently :lol:
Can't blame him, and can't blame barca for not offering bankrupcy money, he would be earning more than Pique at 19 :lol:
Money won I guess.

Campos

Playing with Messi and Frenkie in the CL for 8 mil a year.

or

Playing EL in a shitty team, with a shitty coach (even shittyer than Valverde) for 14 mil a year.

hmmm

He's 19.... he has a whole career ahead of him. He will make more than enough money.
If money is his first priority :greedy: (which i don't think, he seems like a humble normal dude to me), than Barca obviously isn't the best option.

If he want to win trophies. Well, what is he waiting for.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Playing with Messi and Frenkie in the CL for 8 mil a year.

or

Playing EL in a shitty team, with a shitty coach (even shittyer than Valverde) for 14 mil a year.

hmmm

He's 19.... he has a whole career ahead of him. He will make more than enough money.
If money is his first priority :greedy: (which i don't think, he seems like a humble normal dude to me), than Barca obviously isn't the best option.

If he want to win trophies. Well, what is he waiting for.

on the flip side, hes only 19 and will be earning ridiculous wages. he may not win a league or CL but lets say the situation at United doesnt improve in 2-3 years, he'll be a 22 year old made man with all the clubs in Europe still chasing him similair to Mbappe, its not a bad deal for De Ligt

I personally wouldn't be happy paying a 19 y.o 14mil per year knowing the only reason he joined is for the $$$ but as Valverde would say "it is what it is" :coffee:

Givenchy

edit: removed as it seems to fuck the page up on the forum

interesting.. Bayern being mentioned

Last edited:

Sterlingfan2000

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">☎ Barcelona is working on alternatives for Matthijs de Ligt. The high claims of Raiola and the other good offers (Man United & Bayern) makes it difficult for the player to end up at Barça. [via <a href="https://twitter.com/gerardromero?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@gerardromero</a>] <a href="https://t.co/IUPtkVRBoz">pic.twitter.com/IUPtkVRBoz</a></p>— AFC Ajax �� (@TheEuropeanLad) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheEuropeanLad/status/1133128101460942848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">27 May 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

interesting.. Bayern being mentioned

Bayern is pure name dropping . Hernandez pavard sule Hummels and Boateng

And Bayern have a strict wage structure. No way they will make de ligt top earner

xXKonan

Lol, we already have an alternative already here.

You know the guy we actually fought off some good competition for him aka Todibo. Same age and on much smaller wages and has shown quite a bit of potential in the games he played in.

Home of Barca Fans