Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ajax have had an immense contribution to our footballing culture, even outside of Cruyff. They're a brother club and it's really just a bit of harmless banter IMO. Roma twitter is also pretty good at this stuff.

I totally get our bond and shared history with them that's why I am scratching my head to find out why they have been so hostile to us in the last couple of years and where this bad blood came from. I am afraid that it was not just some harmless social media banter, the stuff expressed by Overmas in particular had been quite hostile I believe (ie. what I mentioned above about Overmas mocking us when we were linked with Kluivert Jr). I am now inclined to believe that they just might sell the two De's to bayern or City instead of us for whatever reason that we triggered them (whether it was our lowballing or something else).

MTL_Barca

I mean we have corporation twitter accounts tell each other to go fuck themselves, that's 2018 for ya :lol:

Doubt that it means much, i don't think higher ups at any club directly tell their social media guys what to post and how exactly negotiations with other clubs went/go.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
All this obsession with Barcelona makes me think that Ajax know they'll end up at Barça after the season.

khaled_a_d

Still a small club mentality.

Don't they understand what negotiation means? We started low they can go high or they could refuse to talk. Taking it out on social media is just pathetic.

And I doubt it was because of us low-balling De Jong. Didn't they mock us when we showed some interest in Kluivert jr? They'd rather sell him to someone else than us.

Where does this bad blood with Ajax come from??

I agree it is stupid, but it isn't something I would look too much into it.
Those who made the tweets are probably 23 years old social marketing intern who are trying to be funny and make some noise. They aren't decision makers and we can never know what Ajax want from such tweets.
This has been the reality of social media now, many clubs are encouraging it (Germans do it too much)
Only thing that can count on them is the one at te end of transfer market featuring Overmars, and they kinda poked many top clubs not only us

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I agree it is stupid, but it isn't something I would look too much into it.
Those who made the tweets are probably 23 years old social marketing intern who are trying to be funny and make some noise. They aren't decision makers and we can never know what Ajax want from such tweets.
This has been the reality of social media now, many clubs are encouraging it (Germans do it too much)
Only thing that can count on them is the one at te end of transfer market featuring Overmars, and they kinda poked many top clubs not only us

Hmmm, was Overmas equally critical of other clubs as he was of us?

Devils

Ajax are a great club and Barca should never ever ruin relations or respect with.

I'm confident we will end up with one of their two diamonds if not both of them.

Porque

Twitter geeks running club accounts these days. More than likely the sporting department doesnt even know what is being said on the twitter page.

I wouldnt put much stock in it personally.

Messigician

Whoever is running the Ajax twitter page needs to be sacked and banned from ever visiting the camp nou! They are making us into laughing stocks with their fake news

Andresito

Staff member
DtrePjzWwAAgVqb.jpg

Home of Barca Fans