Matthijs de Ligt

Donatello

Barto didn't give a shit, as soon as Neymar drama started this one got put in the casket

it will be interesting to see how De Ligt progresses. if that 150mil clause stays the same, in 2 years time, maybe 150mil won't be seen as insane for a CB of his quality. either way though Juve got a great deal here

It would be stupid to pay his release clause, when you could've gotten him for half that money. I hope we don't do that mistake.

The only way I see him here is either on free, or in 80-90M range 3-4 yrs later.

Givenchy

It would be stupid to pay his release clause, when you could've gotten him for half that money. I hope we don't do that mistake.

The only way I see him here is either on free, or in 80-90M range 3-4 yrs later.

it would be stupid indeed but its Barto were talking about here

i can imagine Madrid wanting him to replace Ramos in a few years

ronniecro

i doubt he will ever come here but aside from that he is raiolas client,i hope we never go after him or anyone else who works with that sack of shit

Zidane82

According to Di Marzio, de Ligt has specifically asked for a release clause, it'll be 150m but it cannot be triggered in the first 2 seasons. I think the only reason why he didnt go to PSG is because release clauses in France is illegal. I can definitely see Barto buying him just before his presidency ends.

I’ve seen reports the release clause can’t be triggered until TWO years and it goes up TEN million each year ..

xXKonan

Even if he is a generational talent and backs it up, I cannot see anyone playing 150 Million for De Ligt.

Would be pretty bonkers for someone to pay that for CB.

Messigician

Zzzz I told you all fatty hates our club. We dodged a bullet or he would have demanded De Ligt moves in 2 years on a new contract every year.

'De Ligt to Barcelona reports were bullsh*t!' - Raiola blasts media as Dutch defender undergoes Juventus medical

Laplacian

There's like a highly rated young CB every window. I don't get why you guys are so crazy over him, especially when he bottled it during crucial moments of his CL campaign. Skriniar, Laporte, Umtiti (prime Umtiti) level CB talents pop out in every single transfer window - imo De Ligt won't stand out among talents like those. CBs aren't a big deal, seriously they went from being underappreciated to being overrated pretty quickly since the Van Djik deal.

Last edited:

Campos

There's like a highly rated young CB every window. I don't get why you guys are so crazy over him, especially when he bottled it during crucial moments of his CL campaign. Skriniar, Laporte, Umtiti (prime Umtiti) level CB talents pop out in every single transfer window - imo De Ligt won't stand out among talents like those. CBs aren't a big deal, seriously they went from being underappreciated to being overrated pretty quickly since the Van Djik deal.

Man every defender makes mistakes. Even Ramos. There are no perfect defenders.

De Ligt is by far the best defender under 21. Think he will learn alot alongside Chiellini.

How good will he be in the future ? Time will tell. Some players peak early and then go downhill. Some players stay consistent, and become legends.

Look at the De Ligt at 18 vs De Ligt at 19. Huge different if you ask me.
He was already good at 17 and 18. But the captain's belt made him even better.
If he keeps growing like this. He'll be the best within 2-3 years.
But you need some luck also. Not getting injured etc etc.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I was much more interested in his leadership and aura than his actual skill (hes still pretty great though). He could have been the face of our team for ages. Like Puyol (who was not that special talentwise, but still one of our greatest centrebacks ever). But yeah, centreback is not a position you go crazy. Probably the wisest decision our board has made recently.

Hopefully Todibo, whos very likable, works out and Umtitis knee holds up.

clemente

People are saying he has a bigger potential than De Jong? How? He has a captain mentallity at a young age, but he still is a center-back, which I think is a less technical role than what De Jong is, if I had to pick between those 2, I always pick De Jong.

Home of Barca Fans