Matthijs de Ligt

Givenchy

i think he'd be a PSG player now if not for the buyout clause.

anyways, fair choice from him in the end, hopefully he carries on progressing under Chiellini and co

MTL_Barca

Oh boy i can't wait for the "Barca about to pay 150 mil release clause of De Ligt!!!" news every summer from here on. Raiola is truly a master

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
BTW I am not sweating De Ligt, De Jong was MUCH more important to this summer window for Barca.

De Jong was the dream while De Ligt was gravy. Imagine if De Jong had hired Raiola as an agent, he'd be plying his trade at the Qatari club or similar. The moment De Ligt hired Raiola to represent him, the likelihood of Barca ever signing him in what would sure to be a bidding war went out the window. The cheek though on the player to believe Barcelona, even with this aimless board, would ever match the terms for a 20 year old defender is remarkable.

He's also been given poor advice as well, even with a buyout set there's no chance in the future Barcelona will go back in for a defender (Even at 23) for such a high fee & the salary increase that surely will accompany it. Cruyff was right, we have no use for you if playing for the shirt does not compel you to join. Great player but wrong profile for Barcelona

Last edited:

Raketa10

I don't think we will come back for him if Todibo ends up doing good or another young CB we bring in becomes a worthy replacement of Pique.

I still think that this may be one and done. We showed our interest but in the end, he went to Juve and that's that.

We won't come back for him and we shouldn't if he decided to sign for Juve. Good luck to him with that fat rat. We have a solid defense and if Umtiti manages to stay healthy we'll be well covered. To be fair I am more worried about Xavi Simons who is also managed by this idiot. There is no way we will be able to reach a long term agreement with Raiola considering our track record with him.

That being said I didn't see anything official about his move to Juve, not to mention there is no chance they will pay that much and grant him a release clause. They are not idiots. If there will be one it will be something absurd that no one will be willing to pay.

Last edited:

Raki13

No chance we will be back for the latest money hungry player. In 4 years time there will be far better younger prospects. Like a few others have said his signing was not going to make us win anything , its midfield and up front that matter.

Raketa10

No chance we will be back for the latest money hungry player. In 4 years time there will be far better younger prospects. Like a few others have said his signing was not going to make us win anything , its midfield and up front that matter.

Everything matters. We conceded 3 against Roma and 4 against Lpool and that was not the fault of our attackers but rather midfielders and defenders so stating that defense is not important is wrong on so many levels. Guys who think defense is not important should just look at Lpool and how much they improved after they signed VVD and Alisson. Stable defense is essential for wining CL!

Last edited:

Raki13

Everything matters. We conceded 3 against Roma and 4 against Lpool and that was not the fault of our attackers but rather midfielders and defenders so stating that defense is not important is wrong on so many levels. Guys who think defense is not important should just look at Lpool and how much they improved after they signed VVD and Alisson.

Show me the part where i said defence doesnt matter. Of course it matters but it can be made better with several other players we are looking at ,this guy is not going to make us CL winners again , from what I seen in many CL games this season he fucked up several times just like our defenders did.

Newcomer

i think he'd be a PSG player now if not for the buyout clause.

anyways, fair choice from him in the end, hopefully he carries on progressing under Chiellini and co

According to RMC (who could have been fed false informations), PSG refused two "extravagant' demands of de Ligt:
-he wanted the 150 M€ clause in his contract. Here, he would have a contract "sous seing privé", not binding by football authority but kind of gentleman agreement.
-he wanted a "i like/dislike Ligue 1" clause.

PSG felt it was not correct to ask clauses for a departure before he has even arrived.

Givenchy

According to RMC (who could have been fed false informations), PSG refused two "extravagant' demands of de Ligt:
-he wanted the 150 M€ clause in his contract. Here, he would have a contract "sous seing privé", not binding by football authority but kind of gentleman agreement.
-he wanted a "i like/dislike Ligue 1" clause.

PSG felt it was not correct to ask clauses for a departure before he has even arrived.

doesn't surprise me one bit. in his interview with MD "I must assess if it is time to go to Barca" shows his and Raiola's hand imo.

the balls on De Ligt (at 19 years of age) to 1. assume Barca will come calling in a few years to pay a record fee for him and 2. blatantly using PSG as a stepping stone

abbbs97

lol he's clearly using Juve as a stepping stone. PSG did the right thing in not signing him cause he clearly wants to come to Barca only to be a straight up starter + more wages in a few years. I dont think Barca will consider buying him again. I see him going to a PL club in the future or stay in Juve.
I also dont think that us supposedly working on Neymar (if that really is true) blocked the de Ligt case. De Ligt wanted 2 things, insane wages and getting to start right away. Juve accepted all these conditions plus a release clause to release him in a few years.

Campos

What's wrong with fighting for your place ? Nobody can guarantee you a starting spot. You ain't Messi or Maldini ...come on man.

Kids these days...... the more money they make the more arrogant they become. Someone need to put them in their place

Home of Barca Fans