Matthijs de Ligt

FCBfan22

Let's be real, what would a CB change at Barca, while our midfield is a complete shitshow.

If you say that it's his leadership, like our divas would listen to him...

Riordon

So the latest news is that Raiola ask for 12m, 400k salary/week to De Ligt and that’s on top of a 85m transfer fee.

Goodbye De Ligt

tacticvarium

Even I would not join Barça if I were De Ligt.
Not because of money but because of our less convincing, shitty sporting model and project. Our leadership both on and off the field are horrible as well.

Barcilliant

Even I would not join Barça if I were De Ligt.
Not because of money but because of our less convincing, shitty sporting model and project. Our leadership both on and off the field are horrible as well.

Well, money is the main reason but we aren't actually covering ourselves in glory. Shit manager, crap board, mentally weak players. It would make sense for De Ligt to go for the money.

Givenchy

i don't even care about this transfer anymore.. infact we might aswell sign nobody this summer as we all know Valverde is going nowhere. I feel like De Jong could end up the next Coutinho if they try to shoehorn him in Busi's position

Givenchy

400k per week translate into 20m per year, not 12m. Or you mean 12m post-tax?

not sure how reliable any of it is but i was reading things like 'record breaking deal' being offered so 400k, maybe even more wouldn't be surprising but then De Gea wanted those kind of wages to renew which United couldn't agree to and hes one of their world class seniors... Barca are probably offering 10mil + 6m bonus as we did with Frenkie.
on the flip side, some sources are saying the hold up for Barca is Raiola's fee and not De Ligts wages?

we should probably pull the plug on any deal though as i don't see us being able to offer those kind of wages, fair play if United feel hes worth that. if Raiola wasn't involved i would say break the bank for De Ligt but i don't want every summer to be about him and Raiola wanting more money/threatening to leave. i think we lost this transfer the moment Mino got involved honestly. the 'defence sorted for a decade' was a nice dream but in reality this kid will end up another journeyman

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
not sure how reliable any of it is but i was reading things like 'record breaking deal' being offered so 400k, maybe even more wouldn't be surprising but then De Gea wanted those kind of wages to renew which United couldn't agree to and hes one of their world class seniors... Barca are probably offering 10mil + 6m bonus as we did with Frenkie.
on the flip side, some sources are saying the hold up for Barca is Raiola's fee and not De Ligts wages?

we should probably pull the plug on any deal though as i don't see us being able to offer those kind of wages, fair play if United feel hes worth that. if Raiola wasn't involved i would say break the bank for De Ligt but i don't want every summer to be about him and Raiola wanting more money/threatening to leave. i think we lost this transfer the moment Mino got involved honestly. the 'defence sorted for a decade' was a nice dream but in reality this kid will end up another journeyman

Yeah, I very much doubt those figures being circulated about what Manchester United offered to De Ligt, simply too much to make any sense given, to your point, they have held out caving in to De Gea's demand to raise his salary. But I don't doubt those are much higher than ours.

Personally I'd be willing to give the Fat Rat the commission he wants without increasing De Ligt's salary as I think we should absolutely stand firm for the sake of wage structure. But if De Ligt demands more for his pay then there is nothing we can do.

I have been mentally preparing myself for losing out on him, what a time to be Barca fan but hey, we will survive.

Zidane82

Well I’m still hoping we manage to get De Ligt but there’s so much speculation suggesting he’s edging closer and closer to ManU :(

I would say one thing and maybe my emotions are being twisted by Valverde remaining but if De Light makes the momentous decision to go with United then it goes wrong and he wants us to rescue him I just hope we don’t go for him .

Campos

People like Raiola are ruining the game.
Football ain't what is used to be. But this guy is taking it to a next level.

Let's hope Matthijs is making the right choice for himself.

If he thinks Man United is the right club. Then we'll have to respect that. But don't let a fat dude force you or talk you into doing something your not comfortable doing.

MTL_Barca

Nobody forced him to hire Raiola. If Raiola gets him to United because of money that's what De Ligt wanted too or he was stupid enough to let Raiola talk him into it, either way it would be his own fault.

Home of Barca Fans