User Tag List

Page 159 of 246 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3684

Thread: Matthijs de Ligt

  1. #2371
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    572
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our offer is fine for him, he is just 19 years old. Our wage structure is completely off so we need to start to rebalance it. The cules who now says “give him what he wants” is the same cules who complain when Forbes analysis of our wage structure comes out and its way way above the other teams.

    Pique, Todibo, Lenglet and Umtiti is a world class CB-pool and I wouldn’t change it for any other team. In the i hope De lift is smart enough to not waste his careeer at United for some millions extra
    Last edited by Riordon; 23rd May 2019 at 07:32 PM.

  2. #2372
    Senior Member
    Givenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,420
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordon View Post
    Our offer is fine for him, he is just 19 years old. Our wage structure is completely off so we need to start to rebalance it. The cules who now says “give him what he wants” is the same cules who complain when Forbes analysis of our wage structure comes out and its way way above the other teams.

    Pique, Todibo, Lenglet and Umtiti is a world class CB-pool and I wouldn’t change it for any other team. In the i hope De lift is smart enough to not waste his careeer at United for some millions extra
    we will end up buying De Ligt from United 2-3 years time when he gets fed up of finishing 6th for 100mil+, its important to sign him now as maybe the wages are big but we get a fair transfer price. I don't believe the 12mil+ per year stuff. Umtiti might be world class but theres huge doubts if he'll ever be the same player again

  3. #2373
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    572
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but what will all the other players ask for when a 19 year old kid gonna earn 16m a year? What about future players? We should draw a line.

    10m a year is absolutely fine for a 19 year old, he can ask for 16m next contract when he will be just 21-22.

  4. #2374
    Senior Member
    Givenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,420
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordon View Post
    Yes but what will all the other players ask for when a 19 year old kid gonna earn 16m a year? What about future players? We should draw a line.

    10m a year is absolutely fine for a 19 year old, he can ask for 16m next contract when he will be just 21-22.
    16mil? it was rumoured to be 12mil they were offering (although the source isn't reliable as its sport)

    regardless, we have drawn the line, its basically; join Barca, play with the GOAT, Frenkie and CL football or chase the money and enjoy thursday night football. we shall see

  5. #2375
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    14,931
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if United are offering more money, I don't think it's even worth it.

    United under Ferguson it would be worth it but United since 2013 has been a mess with hardly any real direction. I can't really see that changing under Ole.

  6. #2376
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way United are offereing 14M per season, no club is that dumb to pay a 19 years old that kind of money. United have learned their lesson with Sanchez. It's probably Riola bullshit to get higher wages

  7. #2377
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterlingfan2000 View Post
    No way United are offereing 14M per season, no club is that dumb to pay a 19 years old that kind of money. United have learned their lesson with Sanchez. It's probably Riola bullshit to get higher wages
    It probably not 14 ME but it will be high and Alexis was a washed up player while de Ligt is at the beginning of his career

  8. #2378
    Senior Member
    maldhowayanr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,373
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have heard he wants 10m net salary which is about 20m before tax. That is double what FDJ is going to earn 5m net 10m before tax. I also believe that is what Rabiot wanted too.

    I think O. Dembele is earning that much 20m before and 10m net.
    Last edited by maldhowayanr; 24th May 2019 at 04:05 AM.

  9. #2379
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly he comes off as greedy and I'm starting to think it's maybe not meant to be

  10. #2380
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,074
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F**** off no player with ambition wants to fight for 6th place at United.

    Why the f**k should we bend over backwards for him? We are FC Barcelona if players would rather be mercenaries and extort us they can join the dead end clubs and ruin their careers no problem.

    He is not the only centre back around, Upamecano is faster and just as technical. Go for him and let pretty boy De Ligt get whor** out by Raiola to United

  11. #2381
    Member
    VN10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, calm down. lol.

    Don't believe anything what you read at the moment, because:
    > Raiola is trying to push up the financials for his client with (fake) info.
    > Newspapers earn money mostly through clicks these days, so the amount of fake news is insane.
    > Barca will use their media-contracts and try to influence the deal with 'fake' or exaggerated info.

    Don't worry, there isn't many players as grounded and level headed as De Ligt. He's a fair dude.

    And if you were a player, and Raiola would want to represent you, you'd let yourself be represented by him as well.
    We don't like him, but he is objectively one of the best representatives around. Ask any of his clients.

  12. #2382
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,074
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VN10 View Post
    Guys, calm down. lol.

    Don't believe anything what you read at the moment, because:
    > Raiola is trying to push up the financials for his client with (fake) info.
    > Newspapers earn money mostly through clicks these days, so the amount of fake news is insane.
    > Barca will use their media-contracts and try to influence the deal with 'fake' or exaggerated info.

    Don't worry, there isn't many players as grounded and level headed as De Ligt. He's a fair dude.

    And if you were a player, and Raiola would want to represent you, you'd let yourself be represented by him as well.
    We don't like him, but he is objectively one of the best representatives around. Ask any of his clients.
    Yeah what about his clients? Zlatan failed to win UCL, Pogba is rotting away at United, Mkhi is at the end of his career playing for Arsenal. Which one of his clients became a rotating success career wise?

  13. #2383
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,235
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Yeah what about his clients? Zlatan failed to win UCL, Pogba is rotting away at United, Mkhi is at the end of his career playing for Arsenal. Which one of his clients became a rotating success career wise?
    Verratti - he only wants Ligue 1-titles and lots of money - Raiola gives him that by extending his contract every 2nd year with massive bids/rumours from other clubs.
    Donnarumma - he extends with Milan instead of going somewhere at the risk of not playing + getting truckloads of money for his extension as the club became desperate.
    Matuidi - switched to Juve to get a better chance at CL + secured playing time.
    Justin Kluivert - took a step to a way stronger league, with better chance of playing-time than with PL/La Liga clubs for example.

    That said, he is a fat rat, and I hate that any player wants to be represented by him.

  14. #2384
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Côte
    Posts
    9,222
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Not sure I agree with this. We targeted Willian last year and failed on that. Verratti the year before. We were also very interested in Pogba at one point
    PSG is a wildcard, no one is sold there unless the Qataris are motivated to sell - which Mbappe & Neymar will learn soon enough. Willian is hardly a primary target, this has never been verified to be more than a Valverde proposal
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  15. #2385
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    Justin Kluivert - took a step to a way stronger league, with better chance of playing-time than with PL/La Liga clubs for example.

    .
    This was actually a good move. Kluivert would be benched all season at Ajax with the current squad. Now he benched in Roma with nicer weather