Matthijs de Ligt

Ajax

You guys realize there are two things right; the fan zone where rumors flow and the official board channels with people who know all the ins and outs and who are on the phone with each other constantly

All the clickbait makes us footballfans act like 15y old girls who click on What Kind Of Potato Are You? You Wont Believe Number 4

Campos

All we ever hear from you is blah blah blah......
So, all we ever do is go ja ja ja

Deal is done folks.
Feel bad for United tho.

Zidane82

I want him to sign but CB is not a primary concern for me tbh. All our nightmares are in the entire midfield, and a striker. Our defense may look shaky at times because teams cut through the midfield like its non existent.

FDJ .. will fill a lot of midfield gaps ( the ones Rakitic skates around ) .

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bye bye De Ligt. Enjoy Raiola and everything he brings you, a lot of money and perhaps, notoriety.

In this case Umtiti needs to get the surgery done once and for all, stop fooling around and earn the trust back. Give Todibo more playing time. Pique has probably two more seasons left but we will need to start thinking about his replacement. Get on very terms with Leipzig.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Bye bye De Ligt. Enjoy Raiola and everything he brings you, a lot of money and perhaps, notoriety.

nah, this is more likely Barca calling his bluff. alot of reports today suggest United are expecting him to sign with Barca.

maybe Juve or City are joining in? City have been strangely quiet since Kompanys exit

abbbs97

This is the same news we've been reading over the past few days. I dont expect anything new until after the Nations League which is in 2 weeks.

It's just Raiola trying to milk us while De ligt has already decided to join. It makes sense, if i was the the agent of one of the best CB in the world at the age of 19(!), i would do the same.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
nah, this is more likely Barca calling his bluff. alot of reports today suggest United are expecting him to sign with Barca.

maybe Juve or City are joining in? City have been strangely quiet since Kompanys exit

That was yesterday actually, before his interview I believe. Many people automatically assumed that if he is not saying yes to Manchester United he is going to join us. However, he clearly said in the interview that he doesn't view joining us as "a dream" and "there is interest from many clubs" and he is going to take his time making his decision, he didn't even rule out staying one more season at Ajax. So clearly he isn't satisfied with what we offered him and he is waiting for better offers to come in, or one that satisfies his and Raiola's salary and commission demands, something we simply can't and won't accommodate and rightfully so. De Ligt also said that what matters to him the most is playing time, again something we can't guarantee and having disadvantages compared to say Juventus and City.

City is reportedly interested and could join the race, and ESPN commentator Marcotti said Raiola even offered him to Real Madrid. I think in the end he might end up at City. They have money, Pep and playing time.

Givenchy

That was yesterday actually, before his interview I believe. Many people assumed that if he is not saying yes to Manchester United he is going to join us. However, he clearly said in the interview that he doesn't view joining us as "a dream" and "there is interest from many clubs" and he is going to take his time making his decision, so he clearly is waiting for better offers to come in, or one that satisfies his and Raiola's salary and commission demands, something we simply can't and won't accommodate and rightfully so. De Ligt also said that what matters to him the most is playing time, again something we can't guarantee and having disadvantages compared to say Juventus and City.

City is reportedly interested and could join the race, and ESPN commentator Marcotti said Raiola even offered him to Real Madrid. I think in the end he might end up at City. They have money, Pep and playing time.

i think its becoming obvious Raiola is using United as a reference on what his client wants in terms of wages whilst he pimps him out to Europes elite. De Ligt will want a move to a CL team so hes waiting for one of Juve/Barca/City/Bayern to match or atleast come close to Uniteds offer.. otherwise he'd of already signed for United before international duty.

City is possible but i got a feeling Juve might throw everything at this now they got rid of Allegri

as for our interest, i think we are calling his bluff; take it or leave it and i like that. i hope for once Barto plays this smart

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i think its becoming obvious Raiola is using United as a reference on what his client wants in terms of wages whilst he pimps him out to Europes elite. De Ligt will want a move to a CL team so hes waiting for one of Juve/Barca/City/Bayern to match or atleast come close to Uniteds offer.. otherwise he'd of already signed for United before international duty.

Sure, but everything has indicated that we will not up our offer so he is as good as gone, unless the likes of Juventus and City won't match ManU's offer either.

Like I said yesterday, I am more and more leaning towards not signing him because he clearly doesn't have a preference favoring us over other clubs. We are just one of the suitors and he doesn't mind joining us, money and playing time (where we lag behind our competitors) will decide everything. I might sound obnoxiously entitled and out-of-touch but I want us to sign a player who wants to join us because of our appeal, not someone who joins us because we offered the most money.

M

Medz

I hope we dont get him. At least Frenkie wanted to come to Barca. De ligt straight up said that Barça is not his dream club. Wtf are you gonna do? Offer a 19 yo 20m a year? He can go to United and play in EL

Givenchy

Sure, but everything has indicated that we will not up our offer so he is as good as gone, unless the likes of Juventus and City won't match ManU's offer either.

Like I said yesterday, I am more and more leaning towards not signing him because he clearly doesn't have a preference favoring us other clubs. We are just one of the suitors and money and playing time (where we lag behind our competitors) will decide everything. I might sound obnoxiously entitled and out-of-touch but I want us to sign a player who wants to join us because of our appeal, not someone who joins us because we offered the most money.

thats if the United offer is real in the first place or Raiola is manipulating the numbers. its a win-win situation for him either way

I feel the same btw and part of my excitement for him joining here was the idea he will be here the next decade but theres no chance of that happening. Frenkie is a different case. we could develop De Ligt for the next 2-3years only for Raiola to decide he needs another agents cut and it will be Neymar all over again

abbbs97

City are more likely to buy Maguire than de Ligt. Juve haven't been in the news at all in concerns to de Ligt, lately.

I still think this is all a ploy by Raiola to up the wages and money, and by Bartomeu to make it seem like he's the hero in all of this when the deal is officially done. Remember, Lorente is MD reporter, the board's mouthpiece. No other club has shown serious interest in de Ligt except us and United. And lets be real, does he really want to go from a UCL team to a Europa League team?

Home of Barca Fans