Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern was there, Juve was there....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="nl"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Juventus spotted taking notes on De Ligt in Amsterdam last night <a href="https://t.co/MoMaf9VmLB">https://t.co/MoMaf9VmLB</a> <a href="https://t.co/81FLKTdo9x">pic.twitter.com/81FLKTdo9x</a></p>— AS English (@English_AS) <a href="https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/1096066905935355904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">14 februari 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So basically it's gonna be battle between, Bayern, Juve and Barca ?

Don't think City is interested. They already have Stones and Laporta. Who are both still very young. No need for De Ligt.

Depending on how high his price is going to be, if it is getting too much I think Bayern will back out since they don't like paying too much for any players. Not to mention they might get Hernandez this summer from Atletico, on top of Pavard they will be signing already. Hummels and Boateng are still there so there isn't much room for De Ligt. German media also reported that Bayern might be scouting other Ajax players such as Dolberg, Van De Beek and Noussair Mazraoui. They even suggested that Bayern might be scouting Real Madrid players such as Isco, Asensio and Bale.

Juventus to me is the most serious competitor and they recently sold close to 200m worth of bonds so they will have a lot of money to spend.

Givenchy

we have a great pull with De Jong though, great city and a huge historical club with a competitive league. Juve cant offer that

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
we have a great pull with De Jong though, great city and a huge historical club with a competitive league. Juve cant offer that

Yes, I think we have advantages in pretty much every angle except perhaps money.

If Raiola is going to get a big markup I am hoping at least Ajax, the club that "is always connected to" us will give us a buy-two-get-15m off discount.

Moe

powered by;
If it comes down to the players preference I have no doubt he would choose Barca.

I’m aware we don’t need him now but in a year or two when Pique retires we will be desperate for a CB, and this guy looks like the real deal. I really hope we get him.

Campos

Yes, I think we have advantages in pretty much every angle except perhaps money.

If Raiola is going to get a big markup I am hoping at least Ajax, the club that "is always connected to" us will give us a buy-two-get-15m off discount.

Barca is his dreamclub. So if Barca want him, he'll sign no matter what.
But the real question is: How badly do they want him?

If Juve acts more decisively. He might sign with them.
The Serie A ain't what it used to be. But Juve is still world class.

He can play with grandpa Ronaldo and learn from Chiellini. Not the end of the world... :messi:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barca is his dreamclub. So if Barca want him, he'll sign no matter what.
But the real question is: How badly do they want him?

If Juve acts more decisively. He might sign with them.
The Serie A ain't what it used to be. But Juve is still world class.

He can play with grandpa Ronaldo and learn from Chiellini. Not the end of the world... :messi:

Not sure if we are De Ligt's dream club, for De Jong it is.

Yeah, pretty much like how the De Jong transfer played out: De Jong was ready to accept PSG's offer before we got really serious and started outbidding them.

I do think Juventus has a more compelling case in terms of making De Ligt a starter. With us De Ligt will have to wait, unless Umtiti is completely out. So I think Juventus has advantage here.

Ajax

De ligt will be more expensive than fdj. He is a non risk buy (as far as that goes). Overmars cashed in on the fdj hype. De Ligt is less promise/hype; more certainty so no need to cash in on the right moment. Juve seems to be in the lead atm. I dont like italian football but its the best defender school ever. Play there for 3y and he is a beast

Overmars has been dropping hints at getting Suarez back. Any chance barca would let him go?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
De ligt will be more expensive than fdj. He is a non risk buy (as far as that goes). Overmars cashed in on the fdj hype. De Ligt is less promise/hype; more certainty so no need to cash in on the right moment. Juve seems to be in the lead atm. I dont like italian football but its the best defender school ever. Play there for 3y and he is a beast

Overmars has been dropping hints at getting Suarez back. Any chance barca would let him go?

I read that too, him saying he is willing to hop on the next flight to Barcelona to talk to us about his return...

Nah, I don't think Suarez will leave, at least not in the next 2 years until we find someone who can somewhat replace him. He is Messi's best buddy too.

Campos

Best defender school ? Ya maybe in the 90s-early 20s when they had the best defenders. Right now ? I don't think so.

I watch a lot a serie A games. And i'm not that impressed to be honest.
Lot of empty stadiums also.

But like i said before. Juve is still world class. They will probably guarantee him a starting spot, Bonucci is shit lately, so even if they can't guarentee him a starting spot. He will make Bonucci bench anyway.

P.S. If Ajax had Suarez today, they would have won the game against Real so easily. They missed a killer finisher for that match.

Last edited:

Ajax

Ah yeah.. a kiĺler striker is exactly what we miss. Huntelaar is too old and Dolberg has lost it. So sad. 2 years ago he was our starlet but he is the only player who cant peak..

Italy sucks. I agree but juve defense wow. So clinical

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ah yeah.. a kiĺler striker is exactly what we miss. Huntelaar is too old and Dolberg has lost it. So sad. 2 years ago he was our starlet but he is the only player who cant peak..

Italy sucks. I agree but juve defense wow. So clinical

Except when it comes to finals. Then they are exposed. With VAR their underhand tactics might not work either.

Ajax

VAR was supposed to be the great equalizer. Justice for all. Everybody equal. No longer the frustration of losing by human errors that you cant even really blame the ref for as it goes too fast or out of sight

So far it seems that the bigger teams still benefit because VAR will search harder for obscure errors that were never judged in the past

(Ajax benefits from this in the league. I am not crying)

(Ok, not crying anymore)

El Flaco

Says there is no question that de Ligt wants to join Barça. If Barça want him, it will the same story as with de Jong.

[tw]1097640756217565185[/tw]

tacticvarium

Piqué, Umtiti, Lenglet, Todibo, De Ligt.
We need De Ligt or other equivalent talent but five CBs are way too many and somebody will have to leave.
Wonder what the board is thinking.

Home of Barca Fans