Matthijs de Ligt

Horatio

You're welcome
De Ligt will be great for Juventus, always backed his choice. Was just saying he did mess up greatly there.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He got absolutely smoked by Fofana on their second goal. It was literally like seeing Pique. Looked clumsy, slow and lacks agility. This is just the kind of CB we don?t need more of at Barca. Put it like this, how many times have you seen someone like Varane get owned like that by some nobody since his RM debut? Probably less than you can count on one hand.

xxxxxx

He always has a big mistake in him. Not sure if he'll cut that out of his game. But he's definitely young enough to improve.

Andresito

Staff member
People talking about Cristiano making the wrong move, but what about this guy lol. Luckily for him he got that release clause to bail him out, if anyone wants to pay..

Sorin

People talking about Cristiano making the wrong move, but what about this guy lol. Luckily for him he got that release clause to bail him out, if anyone wants to pay..

He's still young and has room to grow but no one will pay 150m for him. And even if he costs like 80m, I wouldn't pay that for him if I were in charge of Barcelona. There are players at his level or even better that are cheaper.

Newcomer

He didn't really make the wrong move. Started the season really badly, was mocked but then ended the season as their best defender (it is true that his competitors got injured).

Is his season worse than de Jong season ?

No one would even pay the fee Bar?a paid for de Jong on the back of his season, let alone his release clause.

FinBarcelonafan

He didn't really make the wrong move. Started the season really badly, was mocked but then ended the season as their best defender (it is true that his competitors got injured).

No one would even pay the fee Bar?a paid for de Jong on the back of his season, let alone his release clause.

You are joking riegt? De Jong is one of the best young midfielders in the world. Yes they would.

Newcomer

You are joking riegt? De Jong is one of the best young midfielders in the world. Yes they would.

De Ligt is one of the best young defenders in the world. Works both ways.

If you say de Ligt made the wrong move, the same can be said about de Jong. He didn't even win the league either.

I think it is safe to say that people were more impressed by them during their last year at Ajax but it is normal, they need to settle in a new professional and private environment.

Andresito

Staff member

His season arguably was better than de Jong's. But I'm not talking about that. Juve is in a worse shape than Barca at the moment.
They've got some good players here and there but most of them are not at de Ligt's level of talent.

And I'm certain most top clubs would still pay 75M for de Jong today, no doubt.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His spell at Juve has been a real disaster

In terms of what? His own performance or the fact that Juve are shit and have a longer rebuild ahead than other top teams?

I've only see De Ligt getting praised by Juve fans and other people who follow Serie A closely.

serghei

It seems to me that the clients of Raiola always pick the money when they transfer. Maybe it's not the best approach careerwise. De Ligt had better options than Juve I think.

Home of Barca Fans