Matthijs de Ligt

Zidane82

Quite honestly Rakitic is better than all of them, with the possible exceptions of Gini and the emerging/becoming more consistent Fabinho, where you might call them more of less equal though each has some stronger attributes than the other.

If you think Hendo, Keita, Milner & Lallana are better midfielders than Rakitic right now I have a bridge in the desert to sell you.

Finally, Liverpool's midfielder are asked to press very little this year, Klopp is playing them differently. They would likley not have an interest in Rakitic because they are only moving for young or in their prime players (sub 27 typically)--but Rakitic would start and give them more technique and composure in their midfield no question.

Composure as in watching ... as the ball is passed around him like the other day ;)

It will be interesting to see the fire sale of Rakitic in the summer ..
Trouble is like all auctions you need at least two interested buyers :)

I believe Jose likes him but ...,

Last edited:

El Flaco

[tw]1109073217992441857[/tw]

Says Bartomeu will lead Barca's operation to get De Ligt, as he did with De Jong successfully

Vilarrubi

Says Bartomeu will lead Barca's operation to get De Ligt, as he did with De Jong successfully

DxOZKztWoAAUQdG.jpg

George_Costanza

Glad to see the club taking the right direction in signing players. For many years we suffered lack of quality defenders but lately, we are making the right signings, also for a reason we buy them before they move to big clubs. The midfiled is quality too for many years with Arthur and de Jong siginings.

We only need to cover the holes like a backup LB, Alba has at least another 3 years in before he declines. A striker, although I think we can look into this next year since Suarez is unbenchable by the manager.

This team could be set for Xavi to take over smoothly in 2020.

malvolio

Glad to see the club taking the right direction in signing players. For many years we suffered lack of quality defenders but lately, we are making the right signings, also for a reason we buy them before they move to big clubs. The midfiled is quality too for many years with Arthur and de Jong siginings.

unfortunately we are still lacking a proper attacking midfielder, since coutinho decided to be shite/not the right fit for us. maybe alena would be that guy but right now we don't know.

George_Costanza

unfortunately we are still lacking a proper attacking midfielder, since coutinho decided to be shite/not the right fit for us. maybe alena would be that guy but right now we don't know.

I come to the conclusion that we don't need another #10 because we already have Messi. As you said, Coutinho couldn't do it although he occupies a different part of the pitch. The classical attacking midfielder has usually occupied the center, even some who position themselves left (David Silva) or right (Eriksen, Bernand Silva), the big part of the play they drift toward the middle. Eriksen, for example, will never work with Messi around because of Messi free-roaming role. David Silva and Bernard Silva can work with each other because they limit themselves to either left or right.

Messi's heat map for season 17/18
10447c795ae6cd23024ea433c7c278a6.png

vs.
fw_-heat-map-comparison-x3.png

FinBarcelonafan

I come to the conclusion that we don't need another #10 because we already have Messi. As you said, Coutinho couldn't do it although he occupies a different part of the pitch. The classical attacking midfielder has usually occupied the center, even some who position themselves left (David Silva) or right (Eriksen, Bernand Silva), the big part of the play they drift toward the middle. Eriksen, for example, will never work with Messi around because of Messi free-roaming role. David Silva and Bernard Silva can work with each other because they limit themselves to either left or right.

Messi's heat map for season 17/18
10447c795ae6cd23024ea433c7c278a6.png

vs.
fw_-heat-map-comparison-x3.png

Do you have one with Coutinho while he was playing for Liverpool??

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My sources told me we should expect more news, concrete information within the next few days :coffee:

Home of Barca Fans