Matthijs de Ligt

Barcilliant

People like Raiola are ruining the game.
Football ain't what is used to be. But this guy is taking it to a next level.

Let's hope Matthijs is making the right choice for himself.

If he thinks Man United is the right club. Then we'll have to respect that. But don't let a fat dude force you or talk you into doing something your not comfortable doing.

Raiola is a fat prick but he does his job well. His job is to make money for his clients and himself.
He is going to milk Utd and when he finishes with them he will move De Ligt on.

Best not to deal with him. Develop Todibo, give Umtiti one more chance and see what's on the market. Anyway with Shitverde in charge De Ligt wouldn't make a difference.

Zidane82

Soooo ...some media suggesting De Ligt to ManU is fake news ?!?

Manchester United will NOT be signing Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax this summer, according to Sky Sports.

Zidane82

Manchester United have ruled out a move for Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt, according to Sky sources.

Reports in the national press over the weekend had suggested United could move for the £65m-rated Netherlands international this summer.

But Sky Sports News understands United have withdrawn the interest they held in De Ligt, with many among the Old Trafford hierarchy believing the 19-year-old is set to join Barcelona.

cro-man

I would rather pass on this one so we can invest in other positions. We need an overhaul and spending so much into one position which is the least of our propblems wouldnt be wise.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Manchester United did make a huge offer and pulled out that’s one thing. It is a totally different thing if Manchester a United never offered anything remotely close to those rumored numbers and Raiola simply used them to get more money out of us. IF it is the latter then even I am leaning toward saying no to De Ligt because that tactic is just too pathetic and that means every contract renewal down the road could turn out to be arduous and protracted, potentially having De Ligt threatening to leave for another club if we don’t pay him what he wants.

Before anyone says this is all Raiola and nothing on De Ligt: De Ligt sanctions everything Raiola does and overrules his moves if he doesn’t agree. This is De Ligt ladies and gentlemen.

Givenchy

If Manchester United did make a huge offer and pulled out that’s one thing. It is a totally different thing if Manchester a United never offered anything remotely close to those rumored numbers and Raiola simply used them to get more money out of us. IF it is the latter then even I am leaning toward saying no to De Ligt because that tactic is just too pathetic and that means every contract renewal down the road could turn out to be arduous and protracted, potentially having De Ligt threatening to leave for another club if we don’t pay him what he wants.

Before anyone says this is all Raiola and nothing on De Ligt: De Ligt sanctions everything Raiola does and overrules his moves if he doesn’t agree. This is De Ligt ladies and gentlemen.

i think many people had De Ligt down as a typical Ajax boy who dreams of Barca, add Frenkie being his 'best friend' and everyone got carried away. everything De Ligt has said before and leading to his transfer show no indication of him having a personal preference. getting involved with Raiola pretty much sums up his main desire; money. whoever caves in and pays the most will secure him for 1-2 years then the merry-go-round begins when he wants a new contract. Raiola will probably become his full time agent after the move also, we've had all this shit with Neyboy and papa Ney.. the board should of learned from that

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Shopping around, I see.

Really started to get tired of this kid. Let’s move on and let him chase his money.

How do you say screw you in Dutch?

Centauri B

Nonsense.

All players and agents and clubs are in the game of bargaining. If United are willing to pay much more than us, then they may as well get him. If not (which is far more likely) this whole story was a Raiola bluff called out by Barca.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nonsense.

All players and agents and clubs are in the game of bargaining. If United are willing to pay much more than us, then they may as well get him. If not (which is far more likely) this whole story was a Raiola bluff called out by Barca.

Of course all players and their agents bargain but very few would invoke fake offers from other clubs (IF that is the case here) in an attempt to jack up the price from the club you seriously want to do business with. If you don't see anything wrong from what they are doing (of course, IF the assumption that Manchester United never offered that much is correct), then I have nothing to say to you.

Centauri B

Of course all players and their agents bargain but very few would invoke fake offers from other clubs (IF that is the case here) in an attempt to jack up the price from the club you seriously want to do business with. If you don't see anything wrong from what they are doing (of course, IF the assumption that Manchester United never offered that much is correct), then I have nothing to say to you.

All is part of the game. This is business after all, sentimental criteria have no place here.

Home of Barca Fans