Matthijs de Ligt

Trafalgar

Sport says Juventus is in pole position to sign him because he would be guaranteed a starting position there whereas we can't guarantee that.

Chiellini-Bonucci-Benatia-Rugani-Barzagli

Piqué(on the decline)-Lenglet-Umtiti(Injury prone)-Vermaelen(lol)

cro-man

His match against bayern was awfull. Same goes for de jong. Both seem to be very overrated and could easily turn into the one of the biggest flops. They are still young so there is potential but there is a high risk here. Imagine splashing over 100m for both of them and they fail miserable.

Right now none of them would walk into our starting squad and i am not sure whats so special about them. What would they offer what we already dont have? De ligt seems to be something like Bartra and de jong a better version of gomes. I have to admit i was shocked how bad they are at defending especially de ligt who is a cb.

khaled_a_d

Chiellini-Bonucci-Benatia-Rugani-Barzagli

Piqué(on the decline)-Lenglet-Umtiti(Injury prone)-Vermaelen(lol)

Vermaelen and Barzagli are on expiring contract.
Chiellini is 3 years older than Pique, has one year left in contract, Benatia is same age as Pique, one year left. They would likely let Benatia go and relegate Chiellini to the bench next season. Rugani is same age of Umtiti & Lenglet and has failed to be starter yet, with many clubs wanting him he could be in the market
So, they can easily convince him that next year Benatia,Barzagli,Rugani out (or one remain) with him,Bonucci & Chiellini rotating and probably him likely to be starter.
Barca on the other hand, have 2 good young players in Umtiti & Lenglet, with Pique just renewed we will have to convince De Ligt that he will bench Pique soon.
With that being said, it will be all about convincing Ajax, not the player himself

Barcilliant

His match against bayern was awfull. Same goes for de jong. Both seem to be very overrated and could easily turn into the one of the biggest flops. They are still young so there is potential but there is a high risk here. Imagine splashing over 100m for both of them and they fail miserable.

Right now none of them would walk into our starting squad and i am not sure whats so special about them. What would they offer what we already dont have? De ligt seems to be something like Bartra and de jong a better version of gomes. I have to admit i was shocked how bad they are at defending especially de ligt who is a cb.

I agree. Not 💯 %convinced with the pair. I think they would find it hard at Barca with the greater pressure and competition.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
De Ligt wins the 2018 Golden Boy award.

Congrats, he's been a monster and thoroughly deserves it. Unfortunately for us that's gonna make Ajax inflate his price even more :lol:

khaled_a_d

De Ligt wins the 2018 Golden Boy award.

Congrats, he's been a monster and thoroughly deserves it. Unfortunately for us that's gonna make Ajax inflate his price even more :lol:

Any source on that? can't find it.
btw, I don't like that no player can win the award twice, Messi would have got it 3 times and Mpabbe would have won it again this year (deservingly)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Any source on that? can't find it.
btw, I don't like that no player can win the award twice, Messi would have got it 3 times and Mpabbe would have won it again this year (deservingly)

https://www.football-italia.net/132139/de-ligt-wins-2018-golden-boy

I saw on twitter from an Ajax fan account I follow so this is a second source. Think it happened like 20-30 mins ago so not surprised at the lack of coverage so far.

Idk, I don't mind that no player can win it more than once. The point of the award is to showcase rising stars and new young talent, like a rookie of the year award in NBA. At this point when Mbappe is top 5 in a Balon D'or vote I don't think anyone needs confirmation that he's far and away better than every other U21 player. It's good for other youngsters to get exposure.

It would've been pretty absurd for Messi to have won 3 of them as well when he was already carrying Barca to a CL and winning the Balon at 20 :lol:. Just feels weird to have called him "golden boy" when he was fucking up all the best veterans of the time.

This is more of a token award than any sort of career achievement. Mbappe loses nothing by not winning it again, and in fact it helps to highlight how he is beyond the conversation of "best young player" and into "potential best player".

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Di Marzio is gold on everything Italian football related so this is promising news. Looks like Juve got the news they stand no chance as de Ligt has Barca as his priority right now. Overmars also said both de Ligt and de Jong have told him they don't care about the higher financial offer, but more about the better fit and where they want to play. He also alluded to both wanting to play for the same team.

[tw]1074736676377911296[/tw]

Givenchy

Di Marzio is gold on everything Italian football related so this is promising news. Looks like Juve got the news they stand no chance as de Ligt has Barca as his priority right now. Overmars also said both de Ligt and de Jong have told him they don't care about the higher financial offer, but more about the better fit and where they want to play. He also alluded to both wanting to play for the same team.

+ news were going for a vet CB. looking positive for De Ligt atleast

khaled_a_d

This seem like speculation rather than news

Home of Barca Fans