Matthijs de Ligt

Messi983

Don't think we have scouts in Netherlands. Missed out so many good players from Ajax in recent years.

Well, we signed Cillessen. :p

Don't really agree with your point though.

Look at this list of the players they've sold and tell me who you think we should've signed.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ajax-amsterdam/alletransfers/verein/610

I think Eriksen and Davinson Sanchez are the only one who would have a place in Barça. But we didn't really miss out on Davinson since he rejected us to sign with Ajax in 2016 and this summer we were never after him (and even if we were he would probably reject us again because we still couldn't guarantee him playing time). We clearly knew him before he even signed for Ajax though and also followed him there.

I've also liked Bazoer and don't know how he's doing now for Wolfsburg but didn't hear any rumours linking him to a top level club so I don't think we should really be sorry that we didn't sign him.

So I think Ajax didn't really sell that many good/great players over the last 5 years that we've missed out. But it's clear they do have some talented players right now and we are surely following De Ligt and we were also linked to Dolberg and Donny van de Beek. So I don't think our scouting in Eredivisie or around the world is really that bad it's just whether our SD decide to go seriously after those players he has a good scouting reports on and if those players even want to come here or if they prefer other clubs for different reasons.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Vertonghen? But you guys are right. Somehow I thought Tielemans too was playing for Ajax.

xXKonan

Technically wasn't Verm considered a big talent at Ajax as well before he was scooped up by Arsenal?

springfield

Vertonghen? But you guys are right. Somehow I thought Tielemans too was playing for Ajax.

They could have got Vertonghen cheap, if i remember correct he was linked with them couple of times. Alderweireld is a different story, nobody expected him to become such a great central defender. Ibra also played at Ajax. But if we talk about the last 5 years only, there are not that many great players coming from Ajax. Ajax has a great history but things have changed and they are trying to improve it again.

El Flaco

[tw]937103922040397824[/tw]

[Alfredo Martínez] Yerry Mina has agreed to join Barça but Valverde prefers a player like Matthijs de Ligt. Ajax want 50M euros for the Dutchman.

mia7007

Why not to get both. Masche wants to leave in January and Umtiti will be injures for 2 months including January. So we can get them both and let Vermaelen leave end of January

wisconsincule

Anyone been following this guy?? Hoping we nab him in the summer. Can let Verm go and he can battle it out with Mina to replace Pique.

Horatio

You're welcome
I have to say he really improved. Used to make those silly mistakes but not anymore. Really improved.

Home of Barca Fans