Matthijs de Ligt

El Barcelona

Looks like De Ligt really wants to come and told Riaola again that money is not important and that his choice is Barça. Sources from Spain so not sure what to think about it. Ffpolo, sergiosoleMD, MigRico and MD.

Devils

D2LpoA5WkAARfmZ.jpg

:wow:

gregorrin10

That's suicide. We need Suarez replacement!

This is almost certainly without counting any sales. We'll get enough money from Andre Gomes, Rafinha and Denis alone to cover Jovic. Not to mention if we sell Cillessen and Rakitic/Vidal, which we'll have to (hopefully), to make room for FDJ.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know why we can only make one big money acquisition since we should have our usual 60m slotted for summer window transfer untouched, on top of that we borrowed 150m euros from the US recently to beef up our transfer coffer, not to mention we might sell some players.

Plus we are raking in a lot more money this season from three sources (1) the new Nike deal that will pay us at least 105m a year, up to 155m (2) Champions League money estimated at 85m, 30m more than last season already and (3) approximately 230m from the expanded La Liga TV right sales.

I think that is BS.

Edit: Ahhh, I forgot we spent 75m on De Jong already. But still we should have money from the 150m borrowed from the US to cover for both De Ligt and Jovic.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

I don't know why we can only make one big money acquisition since we should have our usual 60m slotted for summer window transfer untouched, on top of that we borrowed 150m euros from the US recently to beef up our transfer coffer, not to mention we might sell some players.

Plus we are raking in a lot more money this season from three sources (1) the new Nike deal that will pay us at least 105m a year, up to 155m (2) Champions League money estimated at 85m, 30m more than last season already and (3) approximately 230m from the expanded La Liga TV right sales.

I think that is BS.

Edit: Ahhh, I forgot we spent 75m on De Jong already. But still we should have money from the 150m borrowed from the US to cover for both De Ligt and Jovic.

Where did you read we borrowed the money to just blow it on transfers? That would be very worrying.

I've read we paid another loan with it, because we got a better deal with the new one. That would make more sense to me from a financial pov. Idk if i missed an announcement here.

I'm sure we can afford the players we want this summer without it tho. We won't just add players after all and i think we can expect at least one bigger sale on top of 20-30M for Gomes and some peanuts for Denis and Rafa.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Where did you read we borrowed the money to just blow it on transfers? That would be very worrying.

I've read we paid another loan with it, because we got a better deal with the new one. That would make more sense to me from a financial pov. Idk if i missed an announcement here.

I'm sure we can afford the players we want this summer without it tho. We won't just add players after all and i think we can expect at least one bigger sale on top of 20-30M for Gomes and some peanuts for Denis and Rafa.

We will repay in full in 5 years and the interest rate is only 1.8%.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/fc-barcelona-news-loans-transfer-funds

Wallace

If I were Liverpool I would pay for him and Allan from Napoli.

Alisson; Alexander Arnold, De Ligt, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Allan, Keitá; Mané, Firmino e Salah;

What a Team!

Home of Barca Fans